Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys-- Am looking for a pair of (warm) boots to have during the upcoming winter trolling season on the ocean. There was a thread recently on TF about this, but I can't find it ... Any help would be appreciated--Thanx, BOB(FINNBOB)

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Best advice I can give you is to wear neoprene socks and then it doesn't matter what boots you wear. You can even have holes in them and get those socks wet. They will keep your feet warm. Wool does the same thing but it makes my feet itch.

Good Fishin

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Bob,

Here are a few threads. Ther is another one that was on this board I am trying to find.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/che...er/245926-cold-weather-boating-foot-ware.html

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/che...board-maryland-angler/243743-winter-wear.html

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/virginia-angler/225885-boat-boot-suggestions.html

I have the Guy Cotton boots. They have foam liners that are removable if they get to warm. They keep my feet toasty.

The liners also give a lot of padding which help your back if you are on your feet a lot.

I know your 99 year old back would like that.:D
:clap:
I bought mine a few years ago at I coopers in Hampton. They had a good price plus they give you an extra discount if you pay cash.

I Cooper's Marine Supplies, Hampton, VA

Now if you want to show your individuality, you could always go with something like this :

Dennis:))

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rugged Shark white non-marking boots have the most comfortable footbed of any of the foul weather boots that I have tried. Me and most of my friends have migrated to that brand.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
When you see a commercial boat they almost always run Furuno electronics, wear Grundens foul weather gear and Xtra Tuff Boots. Check out the Xtra Tuffs at I Coopers.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,298 Posts
Bogs Footwear
Bogs Footwear

Classic Mid or Classic Ultra High ........ warmest most comfortable boot I have ever owned .......... nice and warm in winter and still comfortable in spring ....... haven't tried the summer ........

You won't be sorry!!!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Boots

FINNBOB, i just bought a pair of Sperry Barracuda boots. They are waterproof and keep your feet warm and are very light. They were $99 at Bass Pro shop Doug.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I agree with Surfperch....Here's a link... I have the arctic sport Muck Boots.

You won't go wrong with these....2 pairs of socks...inner polyester..outer cotton or wool..

Muck Boots: Mike Keller Ltd.

Doug Whalen

Whalen's Marine

Suzuki Sales & Service 24/7/365

757-718-3539

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Went I Coopers and got me Xtra Tuffs Thanks Darren.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Might have to try some of the Baffins... thanks Mike.

I've always worn Rocky Bear Claws... Gore-Tex, 800 gm. thinsulate... the saltwater's hard on the eyelets... but, I can hose'em down and wear'em in the woods too.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
You won't be sorry Billy. I've had mine for 5 years and they look like they will make another 5 years no problem. Unless it is in the 20's or less I just wear normal socks. When it turns real cold I have some Cabellas wool socks that I prefer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Surfperch

Do those muck boots mark the floor on your boat? Im looking for a pair that dont. I dont like leaving black marks on the floor for the mate to have to get up.

Sam

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
You won't be sorry Billy. I've had mine for 5 years and they look like they will make another 5 years no problem. Unless it is in the 20's or less I just wear normal socks. When it turns real cold I have some Cabellas wool socks that I prefer.
Cool I was going to ask you the sock thing. I appreciate the info Darren. They do fit snug around my caffs.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts