Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I haven't been out since spring trophy season and would like to get out this weekend. Just wondering if anyone has tried for any croaker day/night in choptank or mid bay area yet. I figured they'd be late this year, along with everything else. Also, how's the chum/chunk bite been for rockfish? I've been away from fishing for a few weeks so I'm itching to catch anything.

Thanks!
Dan

·
Registered
319 Posts
According to the DNR fishing report, spot and croaker are being caught in the lower choptank. You might be able to get the first live lining in for the season.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I plan on fishing the Choptank Saturday and Honga River Sunday. Weather looks promising so far. If you see a man and woman on a white 20' Osprey CC feel free to stop over and ask how we're doing. If we're catching I'll fill ya in on the details.....Tight Lines....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good. We'll be in a 26 striper. Not exactly sure when we plan on heading out yet. They're calling for a chance of afternoon storms so might try and get out early and leave early

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've heard there are rockfish to be caught between the airplane wreck and sanctuary. Let us know how you make out. Would like to take my kids out ther and soak some bait.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I've heard there are rockfish to be caught between the airplane wreck and sanctuary. Let us know how you make out. Would like to take my kids out ther and soak some bait.
Trolling is still the way to go. I can't say where because this is a photo sent today from a friend:) But there are still fish taking trolled lures.
5th

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts