Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my two daughters fishing on Saturday. We found plenty of rockfish and company off the Magothy. Landed a couple fish, but the kids weren't into chumming/chunking. (I'll take LTJ all day over chumming) Has anyone located perch or other bottom fishing targets. We hit sparty's lump on our return to port with no luck. Other than catching white perch at the dock, I can't find any this year. If anyone has any upper bay/mid bay ideas I'd appreciate the insight. I'm going to have 4 kids with me this weekend and they want to catch some fish, at least one fish.

One tip, for anyone that can't figure out their tidal fish password. Tidal fish is only "paid email accounts." It took me two months to figure out it was the "other" email.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I took my two daughters fishing on Saturday. We found plenty of rockfish and company off the Magothy. Landed a couple fish, but the kids weren't into chumming/chunking. (I'll take LTJ all day over chumming) Has anyone located perch or other bottom fishing targets. We hit sparty's lump on our return to port with no luck. Other than catching white perch at the dock, I can't find any this year. If anyone has any upper bay/mid bay ideas I'd appreciate the insight. I'm going to have 4 kids with me this weekend and they want to catch some fish, at least one fish.

One tip, for anyone that can't figure out their tidal fish password. Tidal fish is only "paid email accounts." It took me two months to figure out it was the "other" email.
We fish Lower Potomac, MD side. Pretty much any inlet between Point Lookout and Tall Timbers has given us great results. If focusing on Croaker find a ledge straight out from an inlet and work 20' and deeper and hang there till an hour or so before dark. Then you can come in a little and find a nice piece around 10' -15' or so and do ok. If focusing on Perch, get in as close as you care to but 4' - 8' worked well for us Saturday evening. We mostly drift till an hour before sunset then go anchor about that time.

Editing to add an afterthought. This area has been pretty good to us. We always plan to fish Saturday and Sunday. But here lately we have been catching so many on Saturday we don't go Sunday as we know we are going to be cleaning fish from Saturday for a good piece of the day.

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
Wish a Fish foundation just hosted 24 families out of Sandy Point - targeting bottom fish.

It was tough bite - generally best in 6 to 18 feet just north and south of bridge.

Few had success past Sandy Point light - near clam line markers.

Spinner hooks were much better then plain hooks - drifting touch better then anchoring ( if drift was slow enough ).

·
Registered
277 Posts
the bottom bite is different this year, for some reason. We are finding perch in the rivers, not in the bay. Caught an almost citation white perch last weekend just inside Gibson Island point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts