Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I price shopped around, everyone wanted between 800 to 1000 to soda blast my 24 foot walk around.Plus you had to take it to a boat yard and pay someone to take it off the trailer and block it.

Choptank Soda blasting did it at his yard on the trailer for 300 dollars.

No damage or deep pits, only complaint I had was boat was dusty when I picked it up, no big deal, stopped at the car wash and it all came right off.

Now ready for bottom paint

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
You doing the bottom paint yourself? Didnt you have engine problems towards the end of last year? Hopefully everything goes well and you can splash that baby.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris

Picked boat up from the shop two weeks ago, another lower unit, full tune up and filled all fluids,, new VRO fuel pump, ready to run, took boat right over to get bottom blasted.

Some primer and paint and we are ready to go!

I will be doing this myself, right now looking at Interlux brightside white for the bottom or regular bottom black

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I hit you up tomorrow I think I have some never used black in the garage. That is if you want black. Atleast it may cut the cost down for you if you decide to use it. Let me check and I will bmail you. Glad to hear all is well with the boat. You doing WAF again this year?

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Looks like you got a good deal and a good job done. Isn't Interlux Brightside for above the waterline only? Just checking, but you may want to look into it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts