Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Deltaville at 5:30 am and ran, or should I say eased to the location. Some chop going over but not bad. Everything kept building all day, and the only saving grace was we were going mostly with them on the way back. Ended up with one 23", one 20 ", and one throwback. Also had 4 crocker. It sure would be nice for this stuff to clear out for the upcoming weekend.
Good luck to all!
T-Bear

·
Registered
116 Posts
I hear ya on the clear out. I know we need the rain but I'm on vacation this week and had hopes of making my first run to 42 or the cell. Now it looks like I'll be lucky to get out anywhere. The river is muddy here at the city docks in Fredericksburg and if it keeps raining, it probably will be down past Tappahannock. I would hate to tow all the way down to Deltaville and get rained out. We'll see...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We fished the same area as Wayne in the morning and had nothing. Only caught fish when we started trolling in the afternoon when the tide dropped out. Really a slow day. I will be trying it Saturday as the wife has a baby shower to go to.
Good luck to all.
T-Bear

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We fished the same area as Wayne in the morning and had nothing. Only caught fish when we started trolling in the afternoon when the tide dropped out. Really a slow day. I will be trying it Saturday as the wife has a baby shower to go to.
Good luck to all.
T-Bear

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fished Sunday. Two keeper flounder. One ugly day on the water. Left 42 and battled the Bay across to Wolftrap and tried for Spade. Too rough; and current was ripping.
Good day to test the boat. I'm happy!!
Butch on ObsesseD

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Thanks for the report Frank. Heading there tomorrow with a crew from Fredericksburg to check them out. Will post late tomorrow or Saturday.

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II [grin]

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will also be going tomorrow early. We will be at the dock at 6:00am and go from there. I have a crew coming up from Norfolk. Give me a call when you get there.
T-Bear

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Frank - sorry we missed you Friday - got a late start and made it there at noon - never turend the radio on before we ran to the bridge - fished for two hours and went to set up for cobia - caught four flounder three at 22" before we headed to the bridge. I figured out that I am am much better flounder finder than cobia.

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II [grin]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts