Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this for Often--Earnie from Maryland. His 9 year old son took this buck with a bow on 9-30-05.

10 points and 19 inches inside very impressive by any standards.

Way to go Little E !!!!!!!!!!!!![excited][excited][excited]

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I was with his family two weekends back, he was practicing as usuall. That kid has always got a gun or a bow in his hand[grin].

Great kid, great dad (Ernie) and very nice family.. Only propblem is now I gotta hear about how he's shot a bigger buck than me everytime I see him[grin].......good stuff! it's alwaya good thing when kids get into hunting and have fun......look at the grin on little E's face, you know he's have a blast! [excited]

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does'nt get any better than that. A memory that will last for ever. I remeber the evening well when my 14 yr old son took his first with the bow. I had him 100 yrs from me. heard him shoot. Helped him track it . 3 pointer. it was good as a 10. Got it to the truck then had to go get the 6 pt i took.

·
Registered
135 Posts
FANTASTIC!!![excited] Congratulations to Little E - at 9yrs old, and with a bow, that's very, very IMPRESSIVE. That took some discipline right there. I am sure that Dad is proud to say the least.

Is he going to have his own hunting show Saturday mornings now? [grin]

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a 9 yr old son who is going to be bowhunting with me this year. What was the set up and poundage on the bow your son had to shoot this deer.....
By the way, congratulations, that is a tremendous deer no matter what age. Way to go.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Flyguy, my son shoots a Hoyt bow set at 40lbs.His arrows are carbon extreme and he shoots an 85gr thunderhead.On this day I was in the same stand and witnessed the entire scene.The deer came in and Ernie had patience of a saint. The buck was facing us for a full 5minutes. As the buck was turning he drew and boiler roomed him at 20yds.The deer traveled approx. 180yds.This is his 1st bow kill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.