Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys:

I have a box of stuff for Bret. I am planning to ship it after the January meeting..

If you have anything for him (books, mags, cookies, whatever) please bring them to the ///JANUARY MEETING/// (Jan 14?)

Bret is trying to get his vice and tying tools from home..I told him if someone who lives close can pick them up and bring them to the meeting, I would supply some hooks, and materials (and a couple books on Fly Tying (and some examples) and send him out a kit to get him tying..

Anybody got any spare stuff (bucktails, hair, flash, hooks,books, etc..)???

Thanks,

MG

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Mike, I go past his house on post everyday. If someone can talk to his wife and let me know what would be a good time to pick it up, let me know..

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I'll give her a Call in the morning Ken. Though if we can get her the box it may cost nothing to send it. I'll double check.

Dave

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Hey Dave when I sent the cases of Girl Scout cookies to them the guy @ the office said that the troops can send stuff for free back home but regular people have to pay the postage to the APO http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS22203.pdf). We sent like 163 boxes (105 some odd pounds to 2 troops a friend of Bret's and Bret's troop cost like 82.00 Don't really have any thing to add to the box but would chip in on the shipping

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
John I think Military dependents have different privileges especially being on base. I'll double check with her in morning to see what we can do.

Dave

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Ok double checked with Tanya and they don't send stuff for free for dependents from the states to overseas bases, only overseas to overseas. Tanya will be sending his vise and other stuff. Apparently he has sent her a list of stuff he wants from home so don't worry about picking up the stuff from the house.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BOYZZZ:

Last call:

I have a box for Bret. I am humbly requesting that you bring any of the following to the MEETING WEDNESDAY:

fly/teaser materials, hooks, flash, hair, thread, etc etc you may have (I dont need tons of stuff, but I know you all have some extra laying around..

Books/ magazines that Bret (and his buddys) might enjoy during their free time (when they are not out blasting the Afgahn Rebels!:thumbup::rockon:)

I have a bunch of issues of The Fisherman, many with articals/how-tos regarding upper-bay/Susky fishing..

Thanks!!

MG

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Another thing he'd like any sort of buffettish or fish type posters/wall hangings as he pretty much has bare walls to look at.

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts