Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some guys from the daybreak fishing (google it) web site come down for a trip today from Maryland.......1/2 them cnx'd and only 3 could make it.....K Meyer & the wife made up the other 2 folks on board the boat w/ Todd & I......right at 8 am we shoved off and headed around the corner to cape henry.....NNW bicth'n winds and 4 foot seas.....we didnt notice much because the deadrise just plowed right threw them...slow N steady.......just around the horn I deployed a 5 line spread......2 stretchs (red & wht)..... a yellow umbrella rig w/ a chart trailor 6oz parachute on the TLD25 and the 2 Avet LDs towed 3 way rigs....
a 3 ft ldr w/ a 20 oz mojo on one and a 24 on the other....both had 6ft leaders dragging a green tomic and a 9 inch bunker storm on the other...........thats the plan........for 2 hours ~ Not a single knock down........then we get 34 on the umbrella, miss one on the stretch and net a 38 off a mojo trailor ( 9 inch storm )......another hour passes......nada, TIME FOR SOME SWITCHA ROO ACTION.......pull in the tomic and add a 4 oz bucktail w/ a 6 inch curly tail........bring in a stretch and swap it with a solid hot pink strech 25 ( Todds favorite,matches his panties ) ....... 35 seconds - BAM......fish on the pinky......BAM fish on the Mojo & bucktail........4 in the box.......there seems to be a problem between the SEAT and the STEERING wheel.......we loose the umbrella to a conk float line........and a MOJO......re-rig 2 combos and put the TOMIC back out......do a U turn......SLAM piny strikes again........ZING goes the TLD and theres 6 in the box........Elmer Fud donates a strech (R&W) and another mojo to the conk pots guys tackle collection......the broke back mountain stretch gets in on the action and helps boat 2 more fish.....8 in the box.........Kevin lands a fish over on one side on the TOMIC, while I finally get to reel in a fish myself cause they were all too busy ewwing and ahhhing over the fish we had......chock one up for the mate......I hand the rod over to Mr Gabe and let him crank in the last and final fish of the day.......its 3pm and time to head for the barn.......never looked at the depth finder myself, never checked the fish scope.....lots of birds the first 2 hours with NO knockdowns.......once the birds went else where we hooked up for a few hours of non stop fun & action cranking,netting and boating fish......all fish were caught 1 1/2 to 2 miles off the beach between the Cape Henry Light and the Ramada...........

HAPPY CAMPERS ON THEIR WAY BACK UP TO MARYLAND:::

Kevin & Ray w/ a Cape Henry HAWG :::

·
Registered
32 Posts
good on you

Nice report we trolled red/white stretch and pink around the first from 2-330 caught 11 fish from 22-36 inches. Sounds like we didnt have to work as hard cause the wind had laid down by then.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Great Report

Jamie,

Hard to believe this will be another year of the "Broke Back Mountain Stretch".:D:D:D

Nice going guys!

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
WTG Jamie:clap::clap:

·
Registered
447 Posts
it was pretty rough out there for the first 4 hours or so, but when the wind died down it was not bad. :bigfish:Rachel was stoked as the two fish she caught were the two biggest fish she has ever caught. The smile says it all. She forgot about how cold it was after we netted her first 37 inch striper.

It was pretty cold out there all day and it was nice to be out on a boat that you could get in out of the weather and warm up. Thanks Todd and Jamie for the Trip, and thanks Rob, Gabe and Carlos for letting us join your crew for today. Glad you got some meat for the freezer.

We may have created a monster now that Rachel has hooked into some bigger Fish!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
More details please!:clap:

Thanks for the info. I told my friends that it was time for some trolling but they wanted to do the eel deal today. I even went so far as to read your post to them, word for word, and they said we are eeling. So off they went and left me here in Richmond sitting at a computer.:yawn:

I'll post their eeling results this afternoon when they call me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts