Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time out which was monday we had all the fish we wanted wire lining the tubes.
The trips before that we had limits of nice fish casting so I told the wife I would
probably be in early today as a limit shouldn't be a problem.....boy was I wrong....
Got out today just as the tide was starting to go out, tried the first and second wire
lining then the bend of the third casting....went up and watched people going every which
way at the third tubes and decided not to go there....tried the second and first again
and some trolling and casting around the SBC and even worked some birds on the
bay side but nothing....

We did see a few fish caught and heard of some limits but all in all nothing great...
when we got back to lynnhaven boatel I talked to some of the boats in the tournament
and they didn't do alot....

I hope the rest of you did better than us and that the fish turned on after we left...

·
Registered
631 Posts
I took two boys from ft. story today. one caught one 23", thats it. i tried my best to get them on some fish, they've been in iraq for 15 months. i'll take them for some trout next week!!!! Rich

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had friends on three other boats, all of them had one fish...one of them was even
in the lynnhaven tournament....its just seems like a strange year....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
It isn't a weird year for striper it was the MASS amount of boats that were out there today. That was NUTS!!! the pressure had put them down way early I forgot that tourny was this weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad I was not alone, one slot fish between the 1st and SBC (on a 2 oz mojo):confused and nothing the rest of the morning, I thought it was just me w/ crappy luck:confused:

·
Registered
563 Posts
We got our limit just north of the 4th. Biggest fish was 31 inches. Had an 8 year old catch that one. He was disappointed that we had to throw him back. Others were in the mid to upper 20's. We kept circling around to fish the same spot. Fished for a while with nothing, then we started picking them up fast. Turned off as fast as it turned on. Pearl storms on wire line rigs were the ticket for us.

·
Registered
631 Posts
got tired of the circus over the tube so i anchored near the third. guy next to me must of caught 20 fish, i saw him catch 1 nice one. all on blue storms, all i had was pearl and they didnt want them. Rich

·
Registered
669 Posts
Man better luck next time . I got lucky today by staying in the Elizabeth ( AWAY from the hot ditch ) and me and a buddy caught around 40 stripers ! Biggest was right at 27" with alot of 20"-24"s and the other half were schoolies but they were tearing up our 6" chartreuse storms. We just slow trolled them around the bridges and even caught them away from the bridges too. Nice day and better than that LIGHT wind. Hope ya find them on the next trip out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts