Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My yongest daughter and I are braving the cold at the new BPS in ashland!

I am enjoying cold Stellas, Celia is eating a cheese pizza, while the pretty fish swim in front of us at the bar.

This place is incredibly huge

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As usual I talked to the manager for a while. nice guy. Gander Mountain, around the corner, is already leaving. This store is scheduled to gross 40 mil per year

They certainly are well stocked. I picked up a little boat combo by Ocean Master?? reel looks like it is made by shimano. bearings felt the same as my tld 25's?? we will see how it performs. They have a shooting range, Nascar simulator, fudge shop (yum), trout steam, huge fresh water tank, huge salt water tank at the bar of the rest. Food was good, they are adding some small sharks to the salt water tank next week.

I was not impressed with the Mako boats they had.

Good luck fishing. Wish i could go... two older kids made top 8 in a couple events in NO va meet. that means another trip back to no va tonight for finals.

·
Registered
670 Posts
serious fisher men go to Green Top

I live in the the gander, BPS, greentop triangle. and shop the 3 for the best deals, 99.99% of the time Green Top has the best deals. Larger selection of rods and reels. and many sales deals. They alway have the tackle thats needed for the season. Its always my first stop. BPS does have a good bar for a cold one and a burger... But have you ever tried Phat boys, next to greentop ?????

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is phat boys the bbq joint?
If so yes and it is good!

I too love greentop. Been going there since I was a kid. Bps won out for me yest because there was more to do and see with my eight year old daughter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts