Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yeah, that works very well, we make them from rebar and weld a chain link on each end and put a few feet of chain on it. We also use copper single strand as a release (buddy is union electrician) because it's reusable and dumping plastic is illegal. ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yeah, that works very well, we make them from rebar and weld a chain link on each end and put a few feet of chain on it. We also use copper single strand as a release (buddy is union electrician) because it's reusable and dumping plastic is illegal. ;)
I use to weld them up out of rebar scraps, two parallel pieces with slide ring between, but my welds sucked so bad usually broke free anyway, lol.

·
Premium Member
26,871 Posts
I'd experiment with zip ties - I'm thinking need something touch stronger.

I've recovered a lot of snagged anchors where the chain and / or rode was hung up. Anchor was fine.

I've seen Danforth / fluke anchors rigged to trip - hole drilled in mud pan and shackle used to secure chain. Chain then tied at shank eye - with few links of slack.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use wire it too instead of zip ties . I just twist the wire ends aound each other a few time i I posted about this before , years ago but the picture explains it better ,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts