Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Sunday and trolled around #5 to #3. (did not want to run to Windmill and we put in around Lewisetta incase it blew the 2' called for) Water was like a bath tub!

Got one spanish on the planer and he tossed it after a few seconds. Not before we saw him though! Caught a lot of small blues and sped up to 6.5kts. Then caught bigger blues, especially on the turns. Marked lots of fish!

Ran to Smith Point to see what was going on up there. Found two big boats trolling and doing well. Don't what they were catching and they werent saying. Some breaking fish there but we only picked up a few blues.

Ran back towards home and got into them around #3 reall thick. Found plenty of breaking fish and only two other boats. Broke our the light stuff and went to work casting cripppled herring spoons (Single hook) and Clarks at 'em. Even broke out my fresh water fly rod with a streamer on it. Man what a ride!

Caught nice blues about 20" - 22" and rocks up to 22-1/2" THe bigger rock was on the fly rod and I'm telling you once you do that, it's all you'll want to do. A blue bit off my streamer about 10 fish into the ordeal. Tied on a small salt water popper and slayed 'em with that too! Swish swish swish...pop...pop...BAM! Every time!

Jackie and the kids had a blast and it wore us all out. Fouled one baitcaster with spider wire unmercifully, broke the tip off of an older graphite rod, another rod tangled with power pro, Fly reel drag gave out and made it a free spinner and glass minnows all over the bottom of the boat. (We needed a new ugly stick anyway)

This was one of those days we went catching! MY favorite is this is also one of the days that the kids will remember forever...and forget the few skunk days. (Even had 6 nice Jimmy's in the crab pot on the way back in)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sounds like its about time a Gregg family member wins another damn NN tourney to replenish that broken tackle. Thnaks for telling us about the June tourney but we'll get you next time![grin][grin]
The breaking fish action should be strong for the next month solid.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mr Ho, You are right. Surfside B&T will be getting a bit more business. We will might the Spanish event so if you can get your team leader out of bed and remeber it, you guys won't have to worry about us.

Jsaw, One thing I have learned is that bass rods belong in Bass boats! If you bring graphite to the bay it's only a matter of time. I've got a couple more and I try to take care of them but as they go, they are getting replaced with ugly sticks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.