Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a late start this morning and started motoring out around 7:30 with my fishing buddy Paulie. Water was way low at the dock. I was marking 1'6" in the channel leading out of Breezy. Had the trim most of the way up and still throwing mud. Cleared the jetty and noticed I was still marking 1'6". I literally had to motor out at idle at least a quarter mile before I was able to get going. Please take note if you are heading out tomorrow.

Dropped lines in at 37' of water. plan was to run an 8 rod spread with planers and make our way to the radar tower. #1 - 6/4 white at 200, then #2-5/3 chart on the other side at 190. Started setting #3 4/2 chart when #1 rod goes off. 35" in the box:clap:. Wind was really blowing. By the time we boated the fish we were just on the edge of the channel. Got the rest of the spread set and tried to turn. Had to work the throttle a bit and finally got her going in the right direction. Rough and windy at least 4'-5'ers coming over the bow.

On the edge going west after our turn the #1 get hit again. after a 35 minute fight Bubba goes into the box. Fat 44" 38 lb:bigfish:. Decided to try shallower water on the west side with some cover from the wind and boated a 25" in 35' of water in front of the Radar towers. Called it quits and headed in, back at the docks at noon beat up but happy.

·
Premium Member
26,291 Posts
That took guts to go out today but sure paid off for you :clapping2::clapping2:.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Thanks for the :rockingreport:

Glad you got into 'em, especially in those conditions. Cpt. Mack is thinking about going out tomorrow. Gotta give him a call in the next few hours.

GO TERPS!

·
Registered
96 Posts
The other side of CRAZY

Left Breezy after you did, about 9:30. Found getting out of the channel VERY difficult with an I/O, trimmed up ATW. Had to go about 1000' ft. before i could trim down. VERY ODD!!
Anyhow, only ran 4 boat rods as I was by myself. Went for deep water 50' with the charter guys for a while until my buddy on the radio said I must be smokin' crack to be out there alone. I know the STA-BIL got thoroughly mixed with the gas. Made some sense so I headed for the Radar Towers in 25-30' of water and headed south for Parkers Creek, zig-zagin' all the way. No luck what so ever, EL SKUNKO on the boat. Hell the ice didn't even begin to melt in the box. Got back to dock at around 3:30. Ceaned up, went home, and thawed out. Lookin forward to tomorrow!!
Any tips on where you caught your fish? Up high or deep? Anything would help. :confused:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Great report , wtg on the fish. The weather wasn't to bad working on the boat at breezy:D
Sure starting blowing good around 11, it had to be pretty nasty in the channel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts