Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk about a miserable day................
Launched in the rain this morning. Cold. Waves 3-4'. Did I say it was wet?
Trolled until after 1:00 with only one fish(38") to show for it. Didn't see much bait, no bird action anywheres, didn't see any of the couple charters we saw hook up and didn't mark many individual fish on the sonar.
Ran an 11 rod spread w/out planers. A wwb rod w/a single chute caught the only fish boated. Water temp was 47*. An old friend of mine(Tim) and a new friend(Stu) taged along for the ride. Stu had the honor of reel'n in the wwb rod:D.................

Took a hot shower when I got home. Ya think it felt good? :yes:

·
Premium Member
26,232 Posts
Leon - you guys deserve major man points for going out today :thumbup::thumbup:.
That is hard core to the max. :clapping2:. Great getting a nice fish in the slop :clap:.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Leon THats the way to nail um :clapping2:
if that dam bug hadn't gotten me I would have been there too
Congrates on that one nice fish :D

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Leon, We'll give you the Hardcore award, but I can't say much for your common sense.:D Dude, it was just plain naste out there today. I'm glad you at least one.:thumbup: On another note. Be ready for an ocean run soon.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Leon glad you got some but after reading the Wx report sleeping in sounded pretty good.That Cat can handle the nasty stuff pretty good though.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Fishing

Leon
At least you guys managed a fish on a miserable day.:thumbup:I use to work for Stu ten years ago. I am sure Stu learned a lot on the trip.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It was crazy out there. At least you were able to get one.

·
Registered
630 Posts
You the man Leon... I debated to go too but bailed around 7 AM when the weather looked increasingly bad....gotta love 19' boats going, or even considering going, in that stuff....take care...Sean

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
All I can say is XTREME FISHING TEAM...............You are one tough fishing machine. I got cold today running out to my garage to grab a beer:D At least you got the skunk off.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Hardcore to the extreme.......was a good day to repair a reel, clean tackle, check leaders and watch football......glad you got something for your efforts. Nice fish !

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the reply's guys.:thumbup:
Really though, this trip wasn't all that "Extreme". I know my boats limits and how rough it can be to fish effectively. The constant rain in a center console was what made it so uncomfortable. I only have certain days I can fish and have to deal with whats given.
I was surprised in the lack of bait and fish compared with last week. I considered trailering to Solomons but didn't make that choice for whatever reasons. I thought I could find enough fish to make a day of it as these conditions usually produce. Live and learn.
My crew was topnotch and give them credit for hang'n in there w/me........:clapping2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts