Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a last minute decision to fish this afternoon that being said it was a solo trip. Left breezy at 2pm and 12 lines in at 2:45 lots of boats working 78a area so slide off towards 78 then towards parkers steady marks but no takers found some good bait in 38 feet of water and circled herd the sound of a clip breaking and looked up to see rod bent and zip zip zip 6x2 chartruce out 80....this is where a solo trip turns into an adventure.... Fortunately there was not another boat even close so I was able to fight the fish with only having to turn the wheel once or twice.... Got fish to boat quick look it was over 40 so got the boga and brought her in lots of sea lice hit the deck..... Measured 43 so into the box.......pulled the rest in and headed in at 4:30 although was not out long checked lines and none were fouled with jellies today... Hope this is the last of them!! Was a nice afternoon and no wind!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
....this is where a solo trip turns into an adventure.... Fortunately there was not another boat even close so I was able to fight the fish with only having to turn the wheel once or twice....
You go solo with no auto pilot? You are the man! I do a fair amount of solo trips, and your post reminded me to replace the batteries on my auto pilot's remote.

Oh yeah, congratulations on that beast!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts