Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was pleasantly surprised with the WX when we launched this morning. Sunny, 1' waves and no rain threw out the day. Water temps were in the upper 50's and gannets marked the bait.
Refish(John) and Smellslikefish(Jimmy) kept me company and helped man the rods, cleaning the fish and wash'n the boat.
Caught 15 fish and a limit with the largest fish measuring 40". Stay'd around "78" and all but one fish was caught on boat rods. Talked to Skip who caught most of his fish on planer board rods. Go figure................
Here's some pictures;

Skip is one lucky dude. I'm sure he'll fill everyone in on his report.................:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Good to see the unfortunate incident with the mojo didn't slow you down any

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nice report and pics Leon, hope that thump is healing up, then you can get back to some LTJ.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Leon,

Thanks for a great trip again. Sure was pretty out there today. Looking forward to some of those fish cakes.:thumbup:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nice fish Leon...way to go...those 19 footers can raise some fish....water looks nice out there today...Sean

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Looks way too calm out there for you Leon. I figured you'd rather be out in the 4'ers on Sunday......Guess your still recovering from the hand injury:D Nice job on some nice fish and glad to see you dragged Jimmy out there for some pullage!

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Really nice report Leon...gotta love this time of year...weather gods got things mixed....up Mon (yesterday) 10-15...Wed is 20-25.....:eek:
Gonna try and change my day off to thurs..........:D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Wtg Leon great report. How did you handle not having wind and waves, Kitty not used to that:D

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
--Leon --Looks like a nice Rod Spread, --geo

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Fishing

Leon it was a pleasure talking to you and Skip yesterday. I hope Skip made it home safely. He was replacing a wheel bearing when I was leaving the marina. You guys landed some nice fish.:thumbup:I was glad to get some sea lice on the deck of REEL DREAM. I wish we put some metal in the four fish that got off.:confused:

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fishcrazy, AIK68J, Chris,Jamie, Zach and Howard- thanks guys:)).......
Jimmy- Thanks for fish'n w/me yesterday. I had a blast, as usual. You can have a conference call any time you want on my boat if we can catch fish like that.:D
Sean- we didn't pick up any trash all day. cept crab traps :eek:...........
Andy- sure was nice not get'n beat up for a change :rolleyes:...........
capt george- thanks. I'm run'n 15 rods on my little boat..........
Paul- sea lice is a good thing :yes:.................

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice report. Thats a nice looking boat rod setup. Saw the pics of your holders on another post.
They look great, are they custom made, or a off the shelf item, and I just don't see them anywhere on a shelf?
I was worried about the bet between you and Skip, thinking by the time I can get out there, all the fish will have ripped lips.
Sounds like they do, nice job.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Thanks for the rpt Leon.

Glad that you and the crew had a great day.:clap::D

I started out of the ck in the west rv, but water was so low at high tide, I was concerned about getting back in at low tide.
like a big ole sissy, i went back to the slip and worked on straightening up the cat all day.

oh well.....:D

·
Registered
477 Posts
WOW looks like you guys had a fantastic day out there with big fish and calm seas. Gotta wish that thing called WORK would stopp getting in my way of fishing, but then again it won't be in the way least for some of next year LOL
Great pics
Talk to ya soon

·
Registered
108 Posts
Catman,

Thumbs up!, ooo sorry thats probably not the term I should use. Nothing like a couple of fatties to ease the pain. Have you been live linning at all??? I recalled a couple of years ago you were on the prowl for some pogies.

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Fun fishing around you all day and THANKS again for the wheel bearing grease :thumbup:.

Guess we'll call the bet a tie :D:D.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts