Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with John (jalopy) today. Cold as ****e. Left Chesapeake Beach around 9 and went south in a 15-18 W/SW looking for any signs of life. Ended up all the down to the power plant with no luck there jigging and at one area trolled other than a single throw back. Decided to head to 30-35' and troll north to the barn. a couple miles into travel towards 30' we find some birds and very good marks. stacked fish in some areas. YES they are there and they are hungry! we picked at them jigging around the birds from 32-38'. white and green jerk baits, 4" to 10" caught fish. ended up probably landing 15-18 fish in a howling wind. A few throwbacks, but most fish were over 20 with a couple over 30 kept as our overs.

Sunday looks great with that area likely to produce some decent fish around the birds. DO NOT discount sitting birds. we found some beautiful fish and marks under them.

Don't know why I can't get photos to rotate from this droid :(

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Good job toughing it out and thanks for the report!

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
1t's fizzled out up here north of Baltimore in the shallows. The wind blew the water and bait out of the creeks and 75$ of the stripers followed. The same places we caught 25 Stripers last week on Friday in 4 hrs.only yielded 6 Stripers in 3 hrs. this Wednesday. It's all over til next year anyway. It was an exceptionally good late fall up here too .There were plenty of 18 in. commercial size that are off limits for recs.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
1t's fizzled out up here north of Baltimore in the shallows. The wind blew the water and bait out of the creeks and 75$ of the stripers followed. The same places we caught 25 Stripers last week on Friday in 4 hrs.only yielded 6 Stripers in 3 hrs. this Wednesday. It's all over til next year anyway. It was an exceptionally good late fall up here too .There were plenty of 18 in. commercial size that are off limits for recs.
Not really. Caught around 30 today trolling shallow same place as last few weeks. Excellent year many fish!!

ForumRunner_20151220_141806.jpg

ForumRunner_20151220_141815.jpg

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
HammerTime, Where did you catch those fish?. I used to fish Breezy Point since my boat was there but now I am back in the Baltimore area and want to fish up my way again.
Mouth of Patapsco.

Didn't need to go too far this year to limit out all year long on nice fish. Average was 7 mile run to the fish spots
Bring on 2016!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts