Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm a newbie....Been reading the great posts for a few weeks now and I just have a question if anyone can help........I'm looking to rent a slip at Breezy Point or Chesapeake Beach and I'm not sure which would be better. If anyone can give me some suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thanks Bob

·
Registered
762 Posts
Buzz's is a great place! Mike and Christy run a CLEAN marina and are 2 of the friendliest, most helpful people you could meet.

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
Between the two - Breezy is the better choice for fishing.It offers better protection from winds also.It does not have any bells/whistles - but the bait shop has gas/diesel and ice - plus a pump out.It should be cheaper then Chesapeake Beach.

If you choose Breezy - be prepared for a few very high tides in spring :eek: - now/then you will need boots at least knee high to get into the boat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I live in Pasadena, MD and it takes about an hour to get that far. Although I am checking into Buzz's now.

Thanks for everyones input, it did help.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Breezy point is a dump, and its not any more protected from wind then chesapeake beach, if you want cheap go for breezy, if you want something decent with restraunts and amenities close by, go with chesapeake beach. The fishing will be no better from either, they are too close to matter. The fishing is great in that area as well.

p.s. nothing against breezy point, I kept my boat there in a slip and was never disaapointed with it, or Mike, just there is nothing short of one sandwhich shop close by, and everytime you get on your boat, you have to wade through mud, parking sucks and bathrooms are ****. but it is cheap...

Chesapeake beach is nice, if you plan on weekending, there is a lot more to do and much nicer facilities.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
I wasn't going to comment but I must agree with Nemo. Between the mud/dust, bugs, and parking I just can't justify going to Breezy unless you can't make it underneath the bridge at CB. Also the slips at the Rod n Reel are brand new and they are constantly improving the place. I'm not sure if Breezy has new stuff or not.

-JB

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Buzz's

More options for fishing, you can just tow down the road to the Potomac at PLO if you get blown off the bay. In the heat of the summer it's fantastic because they got a shower and you don't have to drive home all sweaty and full of sunscreen.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Chesapeake Beach hands down versus Breezy. 6 Ramps and 4 clean restrooms. Slips are new and nice. Check the rates and decide if Breezy is "cheap" enough to warrant being in a mud, or dust hole.

GT

·
Registered
929 Posts
Bob:

On another note I see you live in pasadena. You have a great mechanic in Denny Zwerline at South Shore if you are looking. He is on Mountain Road next to Prince Tire. 410-255-4800.

Class guy.

GT

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all in the input........After driving down to check it out I decided not to go with Breezy Point. Now I'm stuck between Chesapeake Beach and Buzz's. I never have been to Buzz's but I'm taking a drive down this week.
Thanks again for everyones input.

Bob J

·
Registered
199 Posts
fisherman complaining about a marina being clean...does it get any more ironic? :lol:

if you're going to fish...go to breezy

if you're going to fish and eat and try and be on a mini vacation, go to CB

·
Registered
610 Posts
Another thing about Breezy is the ramp is short and steep. Last year I tried using the ramp and the bottom of my trailer got hung up on the concrete.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Depends on the budget, doesn't almost everything? Size of the boat matters, but if you trailer it that puts it in perspective.

If you will use amenities.. you can't beat Herrington Harbour.. it's probably 5 bill more than R&R, Shipwright and the like.. but the amenities are boundless..

Pays to check it out.. shop.. talk to folks.. I'm thinking of being a slip vagabond myself.. spring in Deale.. Summer in Annap/Solomons. Fall/winter in Ridge/CBBT..
Monthy rates are almost everywhere.. avg 9-12$ per foot a month.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Welcome Aboard JJ.

#1 is the big difference in drive time between cb and buzz.

#2 in general the water is more open down buzz way and expect more wave hgt.

#3 how you would use it (just to fish, family, kids, pool, etc).

Myself, I wouldn't want to drive over an hr, especially when tired and returning home.
:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts