Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If ya hadn't seen it, I had a charter come available for Sunday (Today) out of PLO area and couldn't fill it. Needless to day, I was bummed. Had promised the wife I'd spend the day with her - she was gonna go on the trip. Thought I wasn't gonna fish (thanks Judge88 for the offer). Woke up in a foul mood, and I think the wife had wished she had given me the pass. Well, low and behold a professor at UMD I fish with a lot calls and says they are leaving Breezy at 10:30am, do I want a ride (he had passed on the charter offer too)? She told me to go and I was out the door.

Got to Breezy at 10:30 - no line like I heard about in the morning. We were setting rods by 11:30 right out front of Breezy Point marina where we picked up a quick 30 inch fish on a deep mojo in 35 feet of water. Lots of birds, lots of baits, but a little too shallow. We hit bottom a couple times and lost another deep lure. Since we didn't pick up anything else we decided not to change the spread and ran south towards the CP buoy / plant area (I had a hot tip that there wasn't much traffic down there). Reset the rods in deeper water and picked up a nice 43 incher off a board rod, 5 ounce single chute - my nicest fish to date from the bay. Unlike the last big fish I saw taken from the day though, I didn't take it home and sleep with it :rolleyes:

Fished until about 3:30pm picked up another lip hooked 41 incher off the same rod and she went back. This was a cool one. I've heard of people watching the finder and calling the fish on a rod - we did just that. We felt like real fishermen. :yes:

One of the most relaxing, fun days I have ever had on the bay. My camera was broken, hopefully I'll update with pic's tomorrow if they are sent to me via email.

·
Registered
345 Posts
:yes:Great job out there! I cannot wait to take the family out there and get a big one for them!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nice of the wife to give you the pass, just make sure you return the favor so she lets you go again:D. Congrats on your bay best rock:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't worry, I did ;-) . . . did the dishes and promised to replace the garbage disposal this week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts