Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Breezy about 9am went out to 50 ft set out my 6 rod spread headed south made some large circles over alot of bait balls finally 200ft white umbrella went off hit the MOB button and got the 40'' to the boat headed back to the MOB spot went thru a couple of times and got a 28'' fatty on blue and white umbrella 100 ft back 18oz weight. Tried a few more passes nothing headed north when one at time all 3 starboad rods got hung up, got most of the line back but lost 3 umbrellas even my new lucky blue/ white one, after that headed back to breezy where we had to plow our way to the ramp, low tide, hull was rubbing bottom.Both fish caught in 70' just south of Parkers

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Thanks for the Report.

Going out one last time this weekend.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Left Breezy about 9am went out to 50 ft set out my 6 rod spread headed south made some large circles over alot of bait balls finally 200ft white umbrella went off hit the MOB button and got the 40'' to the boat headed back to the MOB spot went thru a couple of times and got a 28'' fatty on blue and white umbrella 100 ft back 18oz weight. Tried a few more passes nothing headed north when one at time all 3 starboad rods got hung up, got most of the line back but lost 3 umbrellas even my new lucky blue/ white one, after that headed back to breezy where we had to plow our way to the ramp, low tide, hull was rubbing bottom.Both fish caught in 70' just south of Parkers
--Fish them Numbers . ALL fish have Buddies & Girl friends --Usually the same Size --

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Congrats on the 40 incher:thumbup: I lost 5 rigs to a rogue crab pot in 70 feet of water off bouy 84A a couple of years back..........really sucks........................Mark

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
John- Congrats on the fish! :clapping2: Sucks to loose the rigs though. I hope you marked the spot. I'd like the numbers.............:yes:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wow, thanks for the report. Glad you got a few in the boat. I must have followed your path about a hour later. Marked lots of bait balls near the red floats on the western edge of
78A. Ironic about that 40ft snag. We to found it [email protected] 2:30 heading N from 78A. It was kicking up, winds from the S at 12-15K with the incoming tide. Short deep screams and Mary bolted out the inclosure, shortly the next deep line screams and I bolt out.
old bird takes over at boatdriver, we soon figure it out. Damn good thing we were in my 25ft. Grady , the 3ft swells were slamming a inch below the full transom and the spray was blowing onto us and back to the curtain as we were pulling the other seven lines in.
Backing down into the tall deep swells was, umm, Intense, is putting it mildly. We lost two umbrella rigs and the WTFB spoon to the prop.
As far as that snag, its in forty ft. of water, staright out of Breezy. A guy living in Breezy told me about it this summer. He witnessed a barge, loaded with concrete sewer pipe dumped there. I have loked for it a number of times and never could find it till yesterday.
He also had told me of another one dumped south of that on the reef, cinderblock and concrete rubble. That one is no problem finding on the D.meter.
Dan

·
Registered
902 Posts
Thanks for the report.
we did the same thing, same place.

whole big bay and we hit it too.

go figure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts