Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon trip left Breezy about noon. Headed over to Choptank first mouth of Choptank, terns over glass minnows nothing underneath 15 ft. of water. Blackwalnut Point saw charters getting spot no rock to jig around. 84 to Sharps island light on drop off trolled for about 2 hours #1 and #2 planers with drones and clarks. Hooked maybe 10-12 rock all undersize and a couple blues. Lots of bait in area (menhaden) and was hoping they would come up like they did the other day for Abermale24 (talked with him yesterday he was in same vicinity). Ran down to False Channel tons of glass minnows birds working them no fish underneath (about 6pm). Ran over to Parkers dropped spread and trolled back to Breezy - 1 dink rock. Bait was sparse at Parkers got better outside of Breezy (menhaden)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Good talking to you yesterday..... We had about the same results only more blues than rock..... I was shocked to not see any breakers conditions were perfect. Back to baltimore tomorrow and hopefully out on Sunday below the bridge......hard to imagine how different the two areas are holding fish one is vibrant one is scatterd at best...I love this part of the bay I have been spending a week in July down here for the last 18 years..... Lots of things have changed...... 24

·
Premium Member
26,256 Posts
Your report explains why so many Deale and Chesapeake Beach charters are still up north past bridge.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Thanks for the report Jay. Hope all is well with you and yours.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love to fish again sometime with you Tim like the good old days up north....... 2 years until retirement then I can focus on getting out more during the week....say hi to Bonny, tight lines!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Jay, I'll always remember that day we saw the big water spout coming toward us while we were fishing. As I recall, we ran away from it up to Fairlee Creek. I've not seen conditions like that before or since. I'm close to retirement too but I have about three more years to go. Look forward to fishing with you again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts