Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a late trip out of breezy friday left at about 12:00. Fished the same area out in front that had been productive last weeks but nothing. Went out to the channel and saw numerous boats all spread out. We worked the 50-70 foot contours for about an hour with not even a hit. I would have like to been there after 4 when the tise turned but it was getting dark so we pulled at 4:30 and headed in (sucked) Saw a couple of biguns in the trash but it really sems like the fish bite for a short time and I think we missed it. Heard about the benefit for the charter guy that was today It must have been real tough out there with the blow and rain on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks for the report. All last week, we had marks in the 5-15 ft. depth in 20-50ft. of water, and the bite was slow till 4pm. Most all fish came off purple Calcutta shads,. Friday was foggy and cold, most marks were deeper, 15-25ft down, in the same water depths off 81A area. Could not buy a hit on purple, but six inch chatruese was the bomb on the intermed. line running 15ft. down. Lots of daily adjustments to be made once out there I guess.
What were you running depth and color wise?
We had a good bite @2.:30, but only for a bit, and only on six inch chartrues shads.
Better luck next time, it only takes a few minutes to have a great day being in the right place at the right time.
Yep, some nice fish are in the can at the cleaning station.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oldsi

Nice job on the fish it seemed slow until I saw 27 sailfish nailed em. Thanks for the advice we had found some fish in shallower then the floatilla last week, so we tried to work the area. We spent a lot of the day going from 30' all the way to 70'. The board seemed to indicate big fish in the channel and we wanted a crack at em. I dont have any purple rigs yet but I am going to get one soon. We fished white and chart shads, 2 on umbrella 2 solos. I have a cold, cough, the doctor called it striper fever and perscribed a long dose of the chesapeake inhaler. So I am getting back out there soon. I have caughten soem nice fish recently and really want to stay on this awesome fall bite!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts