Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with Benny and blue lou today. I was surprised to have to waite in line at the ramp for a good half hour. Bunches of boats on the water too. Anyway, we messed around and missed the morning bite somehow. Had a good fish on and came unbuttoned and landed another low 20' fish that was real ugly. We put him back. Next was a long ride befor the action picked up.
Once the fish started biting again it was a steady bite.

We didn't get any large fish today but these wern't bad either.
Got called onto some fish by Hillbilly so we packed up and ran to finish up our limit on the jig.
Great day( w/a slow start) and an awsome crew.:thumbup:

·
Registered
160 Posts
nice fish Leon

Those are some pretty fish. We been doing pretty good for the big cats as well. Getting 40+lb'ers most every trip with one on the full moon at 55lbs. Fresh shad is the ticket. Hope to see you out there soon. Later for now---jonnycat

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Leon, Good to see you out there. And you had Lou on your boat.. I need to fish with that guy sometime, but can he jig?:D

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill- thanks:)) I canceled due to wx. Had plenty will'n to go.........:rolleyes:
Johnny- I'm glad you been get'n into some nice fish. I wish I could go more often but the ROCK keep get'n in the way :D.....
Jack- You'd have a ball fish'n w/lou. and yes, he can jig:yes:...................BTW- thanks for the call over :thumbup:............

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
579 Posts
Leon,

Nice fish. It was a little snotty first thing in the morning. We were between 78 and 78A most the AM. I had my eye out for "Miss Kitty" but never seen her. Picked up one 38"er first thing but that was it. Had to go in about 1:00pm, couldn't wait for the next tide.
Great report.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Great talking with you yesterday, glad you got on to them.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Nice Catching report Leon. I heard from some other's it was a tough morning bite for most. Glad to see you waited it out and got into them:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Nice report Leon. Great talking to you yesterday. We really got into some nice fish later in the afternoon. Wish you were closer so you could have joined us.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nice healthy looking fish Leon, thanks for the report. Lou I guess you didnt take your go to rod and reel combo(80w):D

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Fishing

Leon
Glad you guys found them.:thumbup: We had a tuff bite down south, ended up with two nice fish. We still had a great time, mark tons of bait and fish around 72 .:confused:

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rick- we bypassed 78 and fished a little south. I didn't want to deal with the crowds. We lost a good'n early and then couldn't buy a bite till in the afternoon. I wasn't coming in till I saved face........:))
Howard- WTG on your early sucess. We ended up get'n our overs where you said. Thanks :thumbup:........
Mark- It was tough for us early on too. Got lucky and found the right time and location threw networking with others.
Andy- Thanks......I was frustrated to say the least. :confused:
Jimmy- Thanks for the call but Jack called us over to some fish to fill our unders. I think your pod of fish swam north.:D
Chris- thanks:))
Paul- Thats a long way to go for a tough bite. I'm glad you were able to catch a few to make it worth the trip. Its fun to fish different areas:clapping2:........

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thanks for the report, we didn't get out at all last week, hoping to hit it hard this week. wonder if its worth starting to do the PLO drive

·
Registered
477 Posts
Leon:
Thanks for another interesting day out catching fish and Lou it was great getting to know you more
It sure was a nice flat sea out there and a great day for a boat ride even thought it was just a little chilly in the morning at 25 degrees
Just a bummer it took ALL day to get our limit :clap: :thumbup:

Gotta give LOU credit for handling that reel with NO HANDLE

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Leon, had a lot of fun, enjoyed fishing with you and Benny a whole bunch. Nice to see that kind of dedication to a limit:thumbup:. Hope to do it again sometime soon.

ps: I didn't want to say anything, being it was the first time I fished on your boat, but someone mounted all your reels backwards.:D

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mackaroni- Paul had a tough day at PLO on Sunday. If'n it was me, I'd put in at Solomons...........
Bill- Breezy was very popular this wkend.
Skip-the calm water didn't make it easy for me. I tthink I was a couple miles too far north........:D
Benny- "interesting" is a good term to describe the day. Don't let me forget to check the SP wires next time out.:))
Jason- thanks
lou- it was great to finely meet and fish w/you. Ya got an open invite. You handled the left handed, no handled reel just fine. Benny was scared of it. He was ordering a handle for me today. I didn't even ask:D.......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts