Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see any reports down my way and I haven't posted in a while so I figured I'd do one.
This year has been good for me. Way better than last. I haven't had a bad day since February. Today Rob and Shane(both from Front Royal) launched with me around 7:00. I had no reverse so get'n out was tricky. Didn't go far. Out front, but I believe anywhere would've worked. Started out catch'n in 35' and stayed in there for awhile. First two fish went in the cooler and I left a slot open so we could C & R. Caught Water Sky Vertebrate Fisherman Fish a couple more and started crossing the channel. Caught in the channel too. Ended up catching six and missed three. Packed it in around 11:00 to get Water Sky Vertebrate Fisherman Fish home at a decent hour. All our deep rods caught fish. Missed all the bites on the roof. White and chartuse both caught.
These were the fish we kept..................... Water Sky Vertebrate Cloud Mammal

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Great report Leon looks pretty calm for you to fish in.:thumbup:

·
Registered
430 Posts
:clapping2::yes:Way to go Leon. Caught fish and made it home in time to keep everyone one happy. Great planing...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Glad to see you back reporting Leon! My boat rods have yet to hook up this season. Got a coupla questions on how you run them. I'll send you a pm. Mark

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
It's about time you caught a break. The water looks way to calm for your regular fishing routine. Glad you had a great day. Tight Lines.
Steve

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replys guys.
Mark- I'll be out in the morning if'n ya wana play tag. call me...............
Steve- where you fish'n out of now. Haven't seen hide nor hair out of ya in a long time................

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
579 Posts
Leon,

Great Day and thanks for posting a report.Glad your back. Had 28 for dinner today a couldn't get out. Looks like a beautiful day. Hope to get out this week for the first time. Look forward to your Monday report. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
guess I should have headed down south. Nice going Leon and crew.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Fishing

Leon
WTG:thumbup: I am glad you guys had a good day. We ended up with three fish, long day. We made the mistake of releasing two small fish and keeping a 38 inch fish. I hope your boat is straighten out.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.
6,189 Posts
Hey Leon, good fishing there :yes:. I may be getting out for the first time this season around the middle of the week. :amen:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nice goin Leon - those are some purdy fish. I had a decent pre-season C&R but haven't been able to get out since the season 'started'. Hopefully can catch a day in the next week or two....see you around. Hope you find an easy fix to your motor.

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Way to catch'em up Leon. Wish I had read this last night and known you were going to be out today. I was in touch with Mark most of the day today....Don

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Thanks for posting Leon, nice work on the fish.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, I went out again today. It was much more slower compared to Sunday. Pretty much followed yesterdays pattern. Less crowded and a beautiful day that the wxman tried to ruin. Only caught 5 fish. 2 were 20-22'. Kept 3 up to 36" and it took all day to do it. All but one came off the boards. We also missed a couple again.
Thanks for all the replys, guys.....................

1 - 20 of 22 Posts