Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Psychics 'hired to find Bin Laden'

by BEN CLERKIN - More by this author » Last updated at 11:54am on 23rd February 2007

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/09/binladen240906_700x511.jpg

Psychics were recruited by the Ministry of Defence to locate Osama Bin Laden's secret lair, it was claimed yesterday.
Newly declassified documents revealed that the MoD conducted an experiment to see if volunteers could 'see' objects hidden inside an envelope.
More here...
'Bin Laden speech at bomb factory'

It is claimed the ministry hoped positive results would allow it to use psychics to 'remotely view' Bin Laden's base and also to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
However, after running up a bill of £18,000 of taxpayers' money, defence chiefs concluded there was 'little value' in using psychic powers in the defence of the nation and the research was taken no further.
The study, conducted in 2002, involved blindfolding test subjects and asking them to 'see' the contents of sealed brown envelopes containing pictures of objects and public figures.
The MoD tried to recruit 12 'known' psychics who advertised their abilities on the Internet, but when they all refused they were forced to use 'novice' volunteers.
The report, released under the Freedom of Information Act, shows 28 per cent of those tested managed to guess the contents of the envelopes, which included pictures of a knife, Mother Teresa and an 'Asian individual'.
But most subjects, who were holed up in a secret location for the study, were hopelessly off the mark. One even fell asleep while he tried to focus on the envelope's content.
A former MoD employee who received a copy of the report said the timing of the study must have been related to military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Nick Pope, who ran the MoD UFO research programme and worked at the ministry for 21 years, said: "It can only be speculation, but you don't employ that kind of time and effort to find money down the back of the sofa.
"You go to this trouble for high-value assets. We must be talking about Bin Laden and weapons of mass destruction."
The MoD last night defended its decision to fund the secret tests despite the questionable use of taxpayers' money.
And Mr Pope said: "I don't think this was a waste of public money. Many people will say so, but I think it is marvellous that the Government is prepared to think outside the box. "And this is as outside the box as it gets."

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
So Broadcasting I take you were in favor of doing nothing and saving the cash in response to the WTC.In a perfect world the CIA could of hit UBL more that once in the 1990`s but were cuffed. Them two buildings would still be standing,not to mention the 3000 victims would still be with us.I take it you were against the venture in Afgahnistan which is still ongoing.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
If she won't say it, I will. You bet!!!

I'm all for getting OBL. I'm all for using whatever means that it takes to do so and I don't care if that means going into Pakistan.

But if you ain't gonna get him and you are not willing to do what it is going to take to get him then don't waste your time or the country's money.

When was the last time you heard our president even mention this man that he earlier promised the American people "dead or alive?" If we ain't hunting anymore then it's time to put the dogs in the kennel. Seems like the most logical thing to do. It's what we do when we go hunting.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If she won't say it, I will. You bet!!!

I'm all for getting OBL. I'm all for using whatever means that it takes to do so and I don't care if that means going into Pakistan.

But if you ain't gonna get him and you are not willing to do what it is going to take to get him then don't waste your time or the country's money.

When was the last time you heard our president even mention this man that he earlier promised the American people "dead or alive?" If we ain't hunting anymore then it's time to put the dogs in the kennel. Seems like the most logical thing to do. It's what we do when we go hunting.
Since you talk to God, you should tell him to tell Dubya where he's hiding today...

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
While you are asking god for things, I have a list of requests,

1. OBL should have to pass kidney stones the size of chick peas on a daily basis.

2. I would like to have the winning megamillions numbers emailed to me by 2100 tonight.

3. Please ask god to grant RF good sense and a more pleasant disposition.

4. Please ask god to castrate W. and Dick.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Sounds like a deal to me! They didn't spend near as much as our president, didn't kill anyone and got the same exact result!
Not so fast. Much of Al Qaeda's senior leadership was destroyed, including the Taliban, who were sponsoring the terrorists. Bin Laden's power has slipped measureably hiding in a cave with serious electronic surveillance watching the area he supposedly resides.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Not so fast. Much of Al Qaeda's senior leadership was destroyed, including the Taliban, who were sponsoring the terrorists. Bin Laden's power has slipped measureably hiding in a cave with serious electronic surveillance watching the area he supposedly resides.
Wow, you are mostly right Frank, good job!

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
That part of the world is probably one of if not the toughest places to hunt anything including a 6`4" arab.
But like I said in my first reply his a$$ should of been splattered all over the sand in the mid 1990`s.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
While you are asking god for things, I have a list of requests,

1. OBL should have to pass kidney stones the size of chick peas on a daily basis.

2. I would like to have the winning megamillions numbers emailed to me by 2100 tonight.

3. Please ask god to grant RF good sense and a more pleasant disposition.

4. Please ask god to castrate W. and Dick.

Thanks.
TH, don't you think you are asking an awful lot of God with request #3?

"I truly am not concerned about him" - President George W Bush on 13 March 2002 when asked about finding OBL.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
The White House, Presidential Press Conference Mar. 2002 4PM:oops:

Q Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? Also, can you tell the American people if you have any more information, if you know if he is dead or alive? Final part -- deep in your heart, don't you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won't really eliminate the threat of --

THE PRESIDENT: Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time......
So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him.....
Q But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?
THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts