Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least a couple of boats struck something while exiting Broad Creek yesterday. Whatever is there is enough to cause substantial damage to at least one boat. Be careful going in and out.

-John

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We didn't notice anything on the depth finder so I don't have an idea of where it is. We tend to stay to the western edge when we have no traffic to deal with and that's what we did yesterday.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Several yrs ago (5-7?) Just east of @ outer markers of channel (much closer to shore than last marker)--- (in an area many people use as short cut) a wooden boat sunk in what I remember in @ 9/ 10fow. Someone marked it with White PVC pole . I noticed it breaking up (wood breaking away- and don't believe it was removed just broke up in a few weeks.
I wonder if its motor...With the lower tide we have had

·
Registered
23 Posts
We were out yesterday and know of at least two vessels that struck something underwater near the #3 marker. We passed through same area and stayed close to red markers and had no trouble. Heard later that as many as 6-8 boats had hit. Coast Guard was notified but unsure of their plans or time frame to clear the channel. With recent very low tides and it looked like some shoaling occurring which could be the problem.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The keel from the sailboat that sunk is on the east side of the channel. It is just outside the channel but if you get too far over or try a shortcut you could hit it especially at low tide. Perhaps that is what they hit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts