Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just so happy to catch a fish!! I fished a local stream (with the permision of a very nice dairy farmer) with a friend of mine today. It was 35 with a rain/snow mix going on. I'm so not used to fresh water fishing that it took me a while to figure out how to proceed. I ended up catching 2 native browns, 12 and 13 inches. My buddy tells me that these are respectable sizes. I'll tell you what - in 2 foot depth they are a blast to catch, jumping clear out of the water and runing at pretty good speeds! My freind caught a fat 16 inch rainbow, which took about 5 minutes to land on 4 lb test line. It's definitely not the same as catching a 35 rock but its pullage that i have been yearning for for the last few months. I didn't know where to post this so I figured I would put it where I am used to posting!
Go Ravens!!!!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
And I thought I was going to read a report about a sewage spill :D:D:D... congrats on the catchin Trayt!

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Congrats on a successful day of fishing. I have a 28-1/2" Brown hanging on the wall in my office.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't imagine a 28" - that must have been a real thrill!!! Yeah Jack, any action will do right now. The Potomac is only 6 miles from my house. I really need to learn how to fish it!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
rocktrayt, if you live 6mi from the Potomac in Washington Co. and you are not fishin the river you are missing out. You must live near Hagerstown. If you know when where and how you will be catching walleye (some big up to 6-7LB), crappies to 15"-16", muskies, Smallies, Cats and ona and on. Just takes a little trial and error.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Tiderunner-

Close - I live in a little town called Keedysville, very close to Sharpsburg. I have tried from the shore a few times with no success but I really don't know what I am doing. I need to spend some more time and learn the area. I'm really glad there are some fish to catch around here!! I didn't know what to do with myself since moving from Chesapeake Beach.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Nice to read about someone catching a little different variety Brett. One variety i'll add to my list of fish to catch. Thanks for posting.

BTW: How's your old man doing?

Andy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Andy-

He's getting better. The neck surgery that he had in December has been a slow healer. But I think that he will be out fishing by Spring time. He doesn't have a computer right now - that is why he's not posting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts