Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno, thought this was interesting. I've been watching the water get more muddy every day this week. I trolled Wednesday for a couple of hours below the BB even though the water was a very stained 49 degrees. I was amazed when a rod went down, a chartruse daisy chain near the surface, but I didn't hook the fish. Yesterday, the mud was even worse. The first picture is looking out from the Magothy to Mountain Point. The arrows point to the defined line of muddier water. I didn't get out on the Bay today, but the second picture shows the mud line moving deeper into the river. I think it also shows how the current can be incoming at one location and outgoing another. The last shot is of the up & muddy Susky above Deer Creek yesterday. I'm guessing more to come. :confused:

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
No big surprises. The Susky is running about 40% or so above normal right now, so we can expect the dirty water.

·
Premium Member
26,137 Posts
Yuck-I was hoping it was clearing up.Guess I'll trailer south.That fish that hit your daisy chain is named Mike.He likes to hit the 2nd teaser-just to piss you off :D .Seriously-small males will do that.They slam the teasers so hard but don't hit the hook baits.I think their teeth hold the nylon hair for a few seconds.After a strike-I reel in the lure.Sometimes the teaser is bunched up/other times a shad tail is rolled up on the hook.The fish play C/R with us also :pp . Thanks for the photos. Skip

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
That pic looks familiar I think my buddy lives in pretty close proximity to where you took your first pic.

-E

G

·
all that muddy water was coming into the bay because the ses. had to open the flood gates and all the water from there ran down into the bay. It only happens wen we get a lot of rain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts