Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I watched the movie "Bucket List" - two guys only have a few months to live so they make a list of things to do before they kick the bucket.

Got me thinking of a bucket list for fishing.I've been very lucky and have gotten to fish in some cool places.

Before I go though - I would love a shot at the huge Black Marlin off the Great Barrier reef.To me that would be the trip of a lifetime.

It's winter - so let's see your bucket list :thumbup:.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Fishing Costa Rica.

Blue or Black Marlin. Either one is fine.

Largemouth bass trip, Lake DeGray, Arkansas.

Catfish, White River, Arkansas.

Steelhead trout in upstate NY.

Salmon, Alaska.

Living outdoors for 2 months to fish the best trout streams out West (2010)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Alaska Halibut and Salmon fishing and take on of the Long Range trips out of San Diego and be on the 300+ Yelow fin tuna list.
Australia sounds good to.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Alaska......Trout, Salmon and Halibut !

·
Registered
680 Posts
Alaska - Trout, Salmon and Halibut

New Zealand - Trout

Great Bear Lake - NW Territories - MONSTER Lake Trout, Arctic Char

Siberia - Taimen Trout

·
Registered
562 Posts
Peacock Bass on top-water in Brazil - LT
15-30lb fish aggressive as a pit-bull in shallow water
Hell-Yea!!!!
Then to break B-Faithful's world record Rock - on 15lb test and a BKD at the Poop Plant
Sorry -B
HAHA

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Have no fear Riverman $100 says if i ever have the opportunity to get a record fish i know I would have first given the pole to my 8 year old son and he wouldnt be able to reel it in so I would have to take over making the record not valid :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I second the peacock bass. I have been wanting to do that for a couple of years. Second on the list would be a giant Sturgeon.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts

With my son Brian infact any fish with my son works for me

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
My bucket list in life is the same as my fishing bucket list. Don't lie, we are all talking about the same thing.

I'm only 30 years old and have already messed with tarpon and Bonefish in Belize, wolf fish in S. America (no peakock bass in this one river), salmon and steelhead in NY, stripers from Mass south to NC, black drum in Florida, Rainbows and browns in Chile.... Just this Fall I did Montauk, Upstate NY steelhead and salmon (twice), CBBT stripers on a fly rod at night, wresteled with a muskie on the potmoc along with a few 20" smallmouth and I'm not loaded with money by any means. I just like to fish and figured out how to do it on the cheap. Or similar to the amount of money my single friends spend at a bar in one night.

But I also have a bucket list for fishing and my ultimate goal is to go to Kamchatka in Russia for Atlatnic Salmon, Pacific Salmon and their legendary rainbows that reach 30 pounds. They say it is what Alaska used to be 100 years ago and westerners have only been permitted on the penisula since the mid 90's or so. Still thousands of rivers unexplored and only a handful of outfitters. But I got to agree with John's post above, any fish with my two year old son will be equally memorable as any of my best fish.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I hear ya, B
It would be my luck, it would be my 5 year olds turn on that fish and screw it up for me too
What the hell, it's only money
Skip, the world record is yours for the taking
Probably yours anyway, you fish 300 days a year now- right??
HAHA

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I know this doesn't sound like much; but a 5 lb (or over) largemouth from Smithville Lake. Seems all I can muster is 3-4 lbs at the most. 5th (Marty)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts