Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seeing a few here and there but nothing spectacular. They are in the bachelor groups now and can be seen in fields in the evenings. Anyone have any photographs from this year?

-Kepone

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not yet, but I set up a trail cam today. I think they still need another month before they start showing there real potiential, but I ready!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I watched 4 in a feild the other night...one fork horn, another whihc might turn out to be a 6? and fairly decent 6? and another bruiser, already!!!!.....this deer was notciably larger and had more mass than the others. When I beeped the horn and he lifted his head I almsot dropped the optics. Too bad it's posted![sad]

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was told this could have been a fallow deer, but two weekends ago I saw the largest sitka deer I have ever seen at asseteque. Monster, at least 100 pounds if not 125, and a beautiful velvet rack. Not sure if you call it a brow tine , or what , but its first point that goes out over his nose was atleast 8 inches, with a very well developed back portion of his antlers. Basically, a very impressive animal. The deer had spots like a raindeer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We up farm last evening. I saw 8 bucks in velvet only one I thought might have son potiential. He was areeady as wide as this ears. Most have some points starting to develope, but not hat long yet.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On my travels over the holiday weekend I drove by a field that had 10 bucks in it. Two were hangers the other 8 were scrublies.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Had seven bucks in the backyard last week. Biggest single group I have ever seen in the area. One was a nice 10 pt with at least 20" spead. Saw some big ones last year this time of the year the they disappeared.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same deal for me. Went to leave for work this morning to find 4 bucks in my backyard. The smaleest a 4 and 6, while the other two were definitley on the wall. The 8 pointer was the first I saw and then about t3n yards behind him a huge 10 point raised his head out of the orchard grass and he was still way wider than the 8. Can't wait til opening day.

How much bigger will the racks grow, length and girth? I mean this 10 pointer was already huge, given the rubbing he's still going to be a massive animal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Okay the Camera is working. So here we go! Or not!!

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW DO DOWN SIZE THESE PICS. MAN THERE ARE ONLY FROM A 1.3 MEG. CAMERA TO START WITH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts