Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just though I would toss it out there. Anybody want to buddy up, and run with us to the Canyon this Friday or Sat. Running out of Kippto State Park early. of course this is all weather permitting. I have a 2015 270 Sea Hunt with twin 150's. If interested send a PM. Not 100% could run out of Wachapreake, but never ran that inlet before. Like I said send PM. Will be doing all trolling in the area if weather looks good! Will cruise back around 5-6pm or so. Please don't ask to buddy up if you are running a smaller 18-21ft boat no offense. Thanks

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
What is your buddy boat size limit ? 22'? 23' 24'?

Just wondering why it makes any difference what size boat the buddy boat is ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's simple I don't want to worry about you if ur in an 18ft boat pushing the limits. I think that's fair. I'll post on another forum. It seems each time I post on here it's full of smart replies.

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
I bet someone has, has but probably rare ........ but I've seen 22-23 and plenty of 24ft'ers at the Canyon and too many to count at the Tuna Hole out of OI, I've just never heard of anyone not wanting to work with a buddy boat because they are 21'. Buddy boats help find fish and keep an eye on each other, if someone breaks down in a 21 or a 24 what difference does it make ? That's what tow insurance is for. Just because you buddy with someone that has a small boat doesn't mean you are responsible if something happens. If they sink in a 21'or a 24' and if someone picks them up, the CG is coming to get them anyway unless you are in a 60'er and want to take them to shore. 50'ers can sink just as easy as 24's, a hole in the hull is a hole. Poles and turtles do damage to all size, they don't discriminate.

Yeah, I wouldn't talk someone to take a 22' to the Canyon that doesn't know what they are doing, but if they go all the time and they are going anyway then why not, if you are in an outboard trying to catch a tuna you need all the intel you can get anyway.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I friend of mine use to take his 22 foot offshore all the time, Before he bought a 27 foot. I am with fishboy a buddy boat is a buddy no matter what size the boat is. The 22 foot boat owner might even know to post to the offshore forum doh

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look guys I wasn't trying to be an Ahole. I agree a buddy boat is exactly that. I once buddied up with a 60 ft and I was in my 19'. I had to turn back before the Cape due to winds that came up. I get it ! Anything can and does happen if you are inshore or off shore we all know this. Hope this is a nice weekend so we can all make it out on the water !

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I'm headed out Friday too. Boat is Fly'n Fish. Give us a shout on the radio. Leaving out of Marina Shores NLT 2am

1 - 14 of 14 Posts