Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my fishing buddy fished Buggs yesterday from 8:30 to 5. Fished in 4 to 8 FOW. Water temp 52-55. Steady 10 15 MPH wind made boat control an issue at times. Started the morning fishing for white perch. We have found a nice shoreline that has had some good ones on it the last 2 trips. Came home with a dozen nice ones from 3/4lb to 2lbs. Yes my buddy caught a 2lb 16-1/4" long white perch! A real monster. Didn't get started crappie fishing around 11:30 and the fish bit pretty good to around 1:30 then really slowed down. Crappie wanted the bait moving very slow to not at all. Brought home 15 crappie from 3/4 to 1-1/2lbs. Had 8 fish over a pound with the 2 biggest being a pound and a half each. Most caught tightlining jigs/minnows. Thanks Vic for the minnows. Caught nothing but dinks and thowbacks after 1:30. Also caught a couple of catfish and a bunch of small bass. I already to go back again but it will be some time next week before I can get back down there. Wish I lived closer.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Wow what a hoss white perch! Id like to see a picture of that.. sounds like ya'll had a great trip! If you dont mind me asking Roy, where did ya launch?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
:fishing2:pP you bet me to it.doh Was going to ask the same question as to which creek Roy fished?? :fishing2:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Corker,
You may be right but I think its a perch. I have caught both there in the past. Usually the stripes on the white bass are more pronounced but broken. On a small striper they are pronounced but solid. I'll have to try the fin trick out the next time I catch either one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice fish Roy what ever it is. Glad to hear the bait was used to some good use. I'll talk to you soon, the weather down here is nice and warm but much too windy to troll. The only fishing has to be done by anchoring up. Still looking for that 3 pounder.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts