Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in at Ocaneechee State Park, ran up Sandy Creek, fished from 10:00 until 4:30. I fished minners and jigs, all over. Two boats hogged the hot spot on the point the whole day. They were catching some but I don’t know how big, they were throwing some back and some in the box. Must have been the only school in the whole creek, I caught just two small crappie all day in spots that usually have fish in these conditions. No wind, water temp was 58-62 and lake was 3-4 feet below full. The small bass kept me busy and ate up all my minners. Mr. game warden came along, saw him writing one of the hog boats an invitation to a party. I didn’t get invited but I’ll get over it, I don’t like them kind of parties anyway. Lots of boat traffic, green fish tournament going on, ramp was clustered up about 4:00 with shiny rigs. Everyone I talked to that was crappie fishing was doing about the same. They said Buffalo and Bluestone was crowded and heard that people were catching fish in Rudds and Butchers. Oh well I’ll hit the right creek sooner or later. At least the boat started and ran fine. At $3.29 a gallon I burned about a pint of gas in the boat, ½ tank with the truck. Local guy was putting in when I was taking out, he said action was hot Saturday after 5:00 pm and he was headed up where I had been. I hope he did better than me. Even without cooperation from the fish it was a nice day to be out on the water.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Good to see you got the boat up and running, sounds like time call in sick to fish some weekdays. you should have seen the green carpers running around NW yesterday.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Sounds pretty good MM. Nothing wrong with some bass eating your minnows. Beats a skunk. I'm giving it a little more time to warm and them I'm gonna pull a day up there.

Dayton

·
Registered
251 Posts
thanks for the report mm gonna get there soon,late already for me.caught about 80 today some bigguns all over 11 about 3 miles down from where I met you,shhh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.