Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
That is a great looking little boat. I really like that color green.

Steve

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Nice work! I tried to send you a PM but it says you either are not accepting or are not allowed to receive PM's so I'll include the message here:

I have been following your last two builds. Both were very interesting. Several years ago, I built a pirogue which did not turn out to badly for a first effort. I would like to build a flat bottom skiff around 16 feet for use in the Susquehanna River if I can ever get my wife's junk out of my garage so I have room to build it.

That leads to some questions: What type of joint do you use for the ribs/stringer connection and do you have a close up picture of the connection? How do you shape your bow stem? On the pirogue, I actually cut a recess into the stem so the plywood met flush with the exterior of the stem. Also, what type of wood are you using for your ribs/stringers and stem? You may have said what types of materials somewhere in the posts, but I missed it. How are you determining the angle of the sides-do you use a specific angle or just what "looks" correct? I have done some preliminary sketches based on a 60 degree side angle which looks to be a little too wide a beam.

Thanks for the posts and keep them coming.

Jerry Norris

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks for your comments...I keep thinking about another one ?? My son in Charlottesville would like to take it and keep this one in the family.... Anyway, you are to be admired for your patience and determination and skill...Lots of best wishes for you enjoying the fruits of your labor...Fantastic !

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
that boat looks sharp. Great job on your build. Can I ask where you got the plans from?
Gator Boat Plans in NC... "Darkwater Skiff"... If you would like I can make a copy of them and send them off to you..... Just need an address.... Basic plan for the hull, but they don't tell you how to finish it off......PM me

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts