Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bull sharks are one of the only sharks that can tolerate fresh water. They have been caught as far north as the bay bridge. Old timers can tell stories of bringing up bitten in half rock at the bridge. One was caught off of Hackett’s in the late ‘70’s or early ‘80’s.
One thing I don’t understand is back when Schieble boats would load the bay chumming for blues I don’t ever recall sharks in the chum lines.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Sorry but I don’t see the big deal

I guess I shouldn't have posted sorry to bother you. :rolleyes:
Tarpon also get caught in nets in the bay there are a **** pile of porpoise far north pushing all the fish up north so y shouldn’t the predators follow. Good post not hitting on you for posting . I just personally don’t see the big deal maybe newbie’s do Sorry

·
Registered
193 Posts
Years ago in a bait shop in Reisterstown MD they had a mounted shark displayed. They also had a picture of it in front of the store the day it was caught. I have no way of proving where it was caught but the angler stated to me it was caught at the bay bridge. He claims he was specifically targeting sharks since he knew they were around. He also claims he had others on during the summer but never landed. Again, I have no way of confirming the location other than his word.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts