1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Al-Ahram (weekly egyptian newspaper)
22-28 Feb. '07
by Mustafa-el0Labbad

The actions of the Bush administration, parading under the banner of the war against terrorism, helped pave the path for this expansion. In toppling the reactionary Taliban regime in Afghanistan, the United States cleared the way for the extension of Iranian influence northward. Hard on the heels of this, the same administration swept away the Saddam Hussein regime, which Tehran had been unable to budge throughout the protracted Iran-Iraq war in the 1980s. Then, on top of this enormous service, America's relentless pressures on its Middle Eastern allies created a gaping regional power void that constantly whetted Iran's appetite.

As developments over the past three years have demonstrated, Iran has deftly played the cards that were virtually handed to it by the US in order to obstruct the Bush administration's enterprise in this part of the world. However, over the past six months, Tehran has been acting as though it has finally trumped the US in the game of regional balances of power.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a opinion. I look around the world to see what other countries, particularly in a region in conflict are doing or saying. I do not assume that the USA media is the only source of information. I do assume that all media is biased. You might take a look at the activities of the Muslim Brotherhood of past and recent vintage.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Etouffe, I'm send your name to the DNC for consideration of a stipend in recognition of your unending generosity to it's propaganda machine. They are paying millions to others for your depth of political, military and diplomatic wisdom for which, I assume, you are paid nothing. If only you were paid I think you would make the editorial pages of the New York Times and officially acknowledged as an Eastern Elite.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Yell said CR, because we all know that the only opinions and information that counts or is trustworthy is that which is generated by the neocon spin machine.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you coan for your support of Freedom of Speech. A few in here think that unless I post their particular list of biases I should be silenced. However, I do doubt that the DNC would really wish my input. You seem to have missed my comments on Reid, Beiden, Pelosi, and William Jefferson.:ban:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Thank you coan for your support of Freedom of Speech. A few in here think that unless I post their particular list of biases I should be silenced. However, I do doubt that the DNC would really wish my input. You seem to have missed my comments on Reid, Beiden, Pelosi, and William Jefferson.:ban:
I did miss them. Could you give reference. I would be amazed and thankful to learn that you are not a card carrying, bed-wetting Dem.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Coan just use the search engine in here to bring up what I have said regarding the democrats named. Here is one for instance...there are more.

Reid..explanations please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mainstream media is starting to weigh in on the latest reporting about the investment practices of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. The Los Angeles Times Sunday reported that the Nevada Democrat paid $10,000 five years ago to obtain full control of a 160-acre parcel in northern Arizona that could be worth up to $300,000.

The Times says Reid then sponsored legislation that would have been helpful to the businessman who sold him the land. This follows an Associated Press story about another land deal a few weeks ago. Reid's office says the land deal was perfectly legitimate.

But a Chicago Tribune editorial is titled, "Harry Reid, Land Shark" and calls the sale "unseemly." The Orlando Sentinel's editorial is titled "No Role Model" and says — "if they are serious about ethics, Senate Democrats need to find a more deserving standard bearer." The New York Sun calls it "Reid's whitewater" and "a corker of a controversy."

Its this kind of quid pro quo ...... Congress for Sale or Rent which we need to urge our Senators and Congress to come down on like a ton of bricks.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didn't Lott go down based on his comments regarding Strom Thurmond?

If anyone is involved in a indictable offense then indict them. This trying to label me as a democrat is getting realllly:zzzzzz:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
Now saying something nice about a dying old man is an indictable offense. Can't hardly wait for Sen Byrd...

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Al-Ahram (weekly egyptian newspaper)
22-28 Feb. '07
by Mustafa-el0Labbad

The actions of the Bush administration, parading under the banner of the war against terrorism, helped pave the path for this expansion. In toppling the reactionary Taliban regime in Afghanistan, the United States cleared the way for the extension of Iranian influence northward. Hard on the heels of this, the same administration swept away the Saddam Hussein regime, which Tehran had been unable to budge throughout the protracted Iran-Iraq war in the 1980s. Then, on top of this enormous service, America's relentless pressures on its Middle Eastern allies created a gaping regional power void that constantly whetted Iran's appetite.

As developments over the past three years have demonstrated, Iran has deftly played the cards that were virtually handed to it by the US in order to obstruct the Bush administration's enterprise in this part of the world. However, over the past six months, Tehran has been acting as though it has finally trumped the US in the game of regional balances of power.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc, Latin for "after this, therefore because of this", is a logical fallacy (of the questionable cause variety) which assumes or asserts that if one event happens after another, then the first must be the cause of the second. It is often shortened to simply post hoc and is also sometimes referred to as false cause, multicollinearity, or coincidental correlation.

Post hoc is a particularly tempting error because temporal sequence appears to be integral to causality. The fallacy lies in coming to a conclusion based solely on the order of events, rather than taking into account other factors that might rule out the connection. Most familiarly, many superstitious beliefs and magical thinking arise from this fallacy.
taken from wikipedia

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Post hoc ergo propter hoc, Latin for "after this, therefore because of this", is a logical fallacy (of the questionable cause variety) which assumes or asserts that if one event happens after another, then the first must be the cause of the second. It is often shortened to simply post hoc and is also sometimes referred to as false cause, multicollinearity, or coincidental correlation.

Post hoc is a particularly tempting error because temporal sequence appears to be integral to causality. The fallacy lies in coming to a conclusion based solely on the order of events, rather than taking into account other factors that might rule out the connection. Most familiarly, many superstitious beliefs and magical thinking arise from this fallacy.
taken from wikipedia
It was funny the first time when Fritzer did it. :D

I think the original post hits pretty close to the mark.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lesson in logic = :jackthread:

I posted a article appearing in a respected Egyptian weekly with no comment. I am then attacked with little or no comment on the contents of the article.
I posted a comment regarding the downfall of Trent Lott of Mississippi being, at least in part, caused by his comments regarding Strom Thurmond at his 100 birthday. The reply implies that I felt that GTrent Lott's comments were indictable.
I post that any in government committing indictable offenses should be indicted. The reply asks does that include Democratic leaders as by saying what I said I discluded Democrats and therefore was being unfair an unbalanced.

Thank all of you for proving my point regarding some posters on this board. Ignore the information and attack the messenger. A lesson straight out of the political science text book. Then pat each other on the back for taking care of that information.:2guns:

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I used to work with a guy who told me that in the morning looking in the mirror while shaving he saw someone else.He asked me for some advice.I told him not to look in the mirror or get some medical help.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Lesson in logic = :jackthread:

I posted a article appearing in a respected Egyptian weekly with no comment. I am then attacked with little or no comment on the contents of the article.
I posted a comment regarding the downfall of Trent Lott of Mississippi being, at least in part, caused by his comments regarding Strom Thurmond at his 100 birthday. The reply implies that I felt that GTrent Lott's comments were indictable.
I post that any in government committing indictable offenses should be indicted. The reply asks does that include Democratic leaders as by saying what I said I discluded Democrats and therefore was being unfair an unbalanced.

Thank all of you for proving my point regarding some posters on this board. Ignore the information and attack the messenger. A lesson straight out of the political science text book. Then pat each other on the back for taking care of that information.:2guns:
Unless you were not referring to me, I think pointing out the logical fallacy was a response to the context.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts