Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife Cynthia and I launched out of Buzz's at about 1PM and armed with Mike's advice we headed out in search of Rock. It was slow going due to the choppy conditions but we started seeing marks in about 45' of water and I started putting out the spread while my wife drove the boat. While I was still getting the rods set we got a hit on a white tandem bucktail (our hot lure combo of this Fall) and I reeled in a 36" Rock. No sooner did we have that one on board when a pink (yes pink) umbrella got hit and Cynthia reeled in a 39" rock that put up quite a fight. With our two fish in the box we pulled in the lines and headed back in for what must be our quickest trip of the season.

I saw A LOT of BIG fish on the fishfinder, especially at around 65 feet. I have not seen so many fish stacked up like that before and I hope they hang around for when we can get back out again.

Dave

·
Registered
502 Posts
WTG we were planning on same area sat or sun, ditched out due to noaa forecast, didn't want to take my son out in 3's or 4's in the 20'

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Nice report, Dave. I wish I could get my wife out with me this time of year. She won't fish with me when the temp is below 60 degrees or it's raining.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
David, We are glad you made the decision to go. We took pictures of some of your slip mates that went also but I must say, you two were the fastest in and out. There was one boat that had twelve on at one time with gannets hitting the water in front of the lighthouse but they were out there longer than you two. I am sure you won't mind if I tag onto your post to show the other pictures. Mike

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Nice quick report and pics,:D
I was also in the area and got a fat 35 and had a BIG girl slam a 21# and broke the line...:eek: before we had our 65 mile ride HOME.
Mine Loves it out but your wife will go in lower temps...:clapping2:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Nice quick report and pics,:D
I was also in the area and got a fat 35 and had a BIG girl slam a 21# and broke the line...:eek: before we had our 65 mile ride HOME.
Mine Loves it out but your wife will go in lower temps...:clapping2:
Nice catch & report, gotta agree with dave it's a looong drive down to Buzz's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts