Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived about 8:30 this morning and while I still had to put the boat in the water, Mike was just getting ready to head out. We planned to contact him once we were ready to troll. We had all out lines in the water by 9:50 and Mike calls to ask where we were. He had 6 boated already. I wasn't going to pick up all lines and run to him, so I said we would head in that direction. Still learning the area down there so Lesson #1 today. Don't drop lines as soon as you reach 45 ft of water. Up north, there's usually deep water close to 45 ft depth. At Point No Point, 45 ft runs for ever until you hit the channel. Twenty minutes later we hit 60 ft. Most bait was in 60-90 ft today. More bait than I saw in the last two trips down. Tide was dead low at 10:00 am so we waited for the shift. About 10:45 we hit our first fish, by 11:30 we had our limit of three (overs) and one catch and release. Christy took some pic's today so I hope she posts them later. Lesson #2 today, we had two nice knockdowns and continued to troll. Check your baits after knockdowns, when we pulled the lines at the end of the day we had two boardlines that had been hit and the tail of the shad had been driven up onto the stinger hook. Lesson #3 today, we went through bait today that was 60 ft deep at times (often picking up fish). You could watch the lines quiver and shake as we trolled through the bait. When we picked up lines at the end we found two that had snagged 8-10 inch menhaden. Check lines for snagged baits.
I run 12 rods and 4 of them were messed up for who knows how long? Up north, I check lines for winter jellies, seaweed, plastic bags, etc.; down south, the water is so clean, I got complacent and didn't check the lines.
Thanks Mike and Christy, for all you do. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hey Marty.........sounded like a good day:thumbup: Man....those lys make a mess of a rig, but if you are catching bait, you will catch fish.......................Mark

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sorry I didn't get on here until late Marty. Of course I will post your picture! Everybody that went out had a good day today. That's always nice when they all come back happy. I guess we had about ten boats go out and so that's pretty good that they all did well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Way to go Marty. I was at work today just staring out the windows and wishing I was out there with you. Youre Da Man !

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Marty,
I couldn't find your e-mail address in my mess of addresses. Guess I should organize them with people's names......anyway one of the guys who fishes out of here Jay (who is also a Tidalfish member) got your picture last night. He sent it to me today. I thought you might enjoy seeing what you look like on the run! He is a really good photographer! I am going to order some prints from him from his website.
Michael wants to know if you want to come jigging one day this week? He has no doubt that a couple of those big balls of whatever was on the screen was fish and not bait. He figures that because when he went across one of them he had four fish on at one time. If that doesn't pan out you can always put the broomsticks out. We really need somebody like Shawn Kimbro to come show us how to jig these big ones up though. Let us know if you want to try to get out again on a weekday.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Christy; thanks for posting the boat picture!!!! I just sent Jay a pm to see how to purchase a copy of it as well. I would be interested in doing some jigging with Mike. I'm not very good at Jigging, but practice makes perfect; so they say. 5th (Marty) [email protected] (443-618-5523 cell)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts