Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to south of Buoy 72 area and set a 8 line spread....Started at 45' and worked east to 90' and then back and forth....
2 tandem parachutes on mono
4 storm-type umbrellas with varied weight
2 larger parachute umbrellas with alot of weight
After a while had a nice double....Then another decent one....
Ended up catching 10 rockfish total between 8 am to 1PM. We kept 4 (36", 40", 40", and 41") and 4 ([email protected] 20", 27"). Used smaller baits for smaller fish, but ended up catching 3 of the bigger ones on the 6" swim baits - go figure. stayed within sight of 72 - wind pushed us south about 2 miles. great day with some great friends. Worked the western side with best results between 65' to 85'. Sean

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Congrats on the catching.. man o man I cannot remember a better start to the fall season..
What hit the most? Deep? Top?
Thanks for the report.

Here fishy fishy.. going 2 morrow..

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nice mess of fish, thanks for the details.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Awesome job guys!!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Nice Fish!! :thumbup:

Quick question for you ...................

I have a 20 foot walkaround and just dont feel comfortable with more than 2 (including myself) onboard fishing. looks like you had 4 on your 19 FT grady. Isnt that a lil cramped??

Just curious how it is on other boats cause im wanting to go larger so i can take 3 others with me and not be stepping all over each other.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fishcrazy: 8 fish hit lines set mid-way down (20-25'), 1 fish lit top line (15'), 1 fish hit a deep line (30').

Cage Rattler: I can take 3 people (4 including me) out on my 19' Grady and it is not too cramped. A total of 3 is better (especially if rough), but if folks want to go, I try not to turn anyone down. 5 is too tight, but if it is calm, and we are just bottom fishing, it is OK.
Some things I do to make a crew of 4 total work on my 19' Grady:

Keep the deck as clear as possible. I stow all gear out of the way. I have added additional rod holders to my boat. I have added a rod rack to store 8 light tackle rods in the vertcal position. I stored trolling rods in horizontal rod holders. I have an out-of-the-way place for the net. Coolers take alot of space. I have an on-board cooler for drinks and food only. I tell my guests that I will provide cooler space so there is no need for additional coolers. I have a fish cooler that I mount just forward of the engine and OFF the deck. I have my guests stow all clothing gear in storage areas.

I have the boat set up to run 10 trolling lines (no planers). If rough, I will drop down to 8 or 7. If by myself, I will run 6 no problem and sometimes add a 7th.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey you're all big boats to me. I take a crew of 2 on my 13' whaler, and we do our best to not freeze this time of year. Relatively speaking 19' sounds like a cruiser to me. :fishing2:

·
Premium Member
26,231 Posts
I've heard them there Grady's can catch fish :D. Nice fish :clapping2::clapping2:.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Cage Rattler: I can take 3 people (4 including me) out on my 19' Grady and it is not too cramped. A total of 3 is better (especially if rough), but if folks want to go, I try not to turn anyone down. 5 is too tight, but if it is calm, and we are just bottom fishing, it is OK.
Some things I do to make a crew of 4 total work on my 19' Grady:

Keep the deck as clear as possible. I stow all gear out of the way. I have added additional rod holders to my boat. I have added a rod rack to store 8 light tackle rods in the vertcal position. I stored trolling rods in horizontal rod holders. I have an out-of-the-way place for the net. Coolers take alot of space. I have an on-board cooler for drinks and food only. I tell my guests that I will provide cooler space so there is no need for additional coolers. I have a fish cooler that I mount just forward of the engine and OFF the deck. I have my guests stow all clothing gear in storage areas.

I have the boat set up to run 10 trolling lines (no planers). If rough, I will drop down to 8 or 7. If by myself, I will run 6 no problem and sometimes add a 7th.
Thanks for the reply and the tips.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts