Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the last two days out of St. Jerome's. Nothing the first day notwithstanding that I marked fish and others caught them. Second day, on Mike Henderson's boat we caught a handful in a few hours in the morning. Planers rods, and one deep boat rod, a variety of colors and depths. Again everybody I talked to back at the dock had caught fish, except one boat. His experience had been the same as mine the day before, and his trolling pattern was too! We had both started low, below #72 and generally worked north against an ebbing tide. Yesterday Mike took us up to the HS and worked south, generally with the tide. I used to do a lot of stream fishing and should know better than to present a bait in an unnatural manner. The last two days certainly drove that point through even my thick skull.

Christy has a picture or two of Me, Mike and the fish. The handsome one is the fish.

Finally, if you ever have the option of reeling in a big rock on a flounder reel or a tuna reel, opt for tuna reel.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Same experience w/us, fished north 70 to 72a, scattered bait Wed, fished HS Thurs and had a real good day. Happy you found em and got on em

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Gooddog if eight fish in a couple hours is only a handful...you have pretty big hands:rolleyes: If the flounder reel you are referring to is that little Penn 320, that is the rod and reel I put out for "special" guests. You notice I didn't reach for it when that forty inch fish started spooling it:D
I had a really good time fishing with you yesterday. Thanks for coming!

Capt. Buckster: if you only troll east to west wouldn't you end up on land at some point?:eek2:
I never fish with other boats in the area. I am the guy you see alone so it's never a problem.
Mike

·
Banned
859 Posts
Gooddog if eight fish in a couple hours is only a handful...you have pretty big hands:rolleyes: If the flounder reel you are referring to is that little Penn 320, that is the rod and reel I put out for "special" guests. You notice I didn't reach for it when that forty inch fish started spooling it:D
I had a really good time fishing with you yesterday. Thanks for coming!

Capt. Buckster: if you only troll east to west wouldn't you end up on land at some point?:eek2:
I never fish with other boats in the area. I am the guy you see alone so it's never a problem.
Mike
sheesh...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts