Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FWIW, I purchased a trolling combo from Cabelas. I am impressed by the seeming quality; time will tell. I rarely troll, but have decided to build a board and give it a try.

The rod and reel seem substantial and the price is right. Cabelas has some cash back deals and free shipping deals, so I got these for about $80 delivered.

Here's a link Combo

· Registered
464 Posts
Saltstriker rods are first class!
I use the stand-up models (5) 6' 15/30 blanks, (2) 6' 30-50blanks for my bay trolling and I love them. The 15/30 blank is perfect for the bay, however if you're planning on using umbrellas you should go with the 30-50 blank.

For the price they're selling those boat trolling rods you can't go wrong...the reel is basically free!

Thanks, Fishing-Rod

· Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just ordered three of them. I got the CSSBC-604 rod. I had a $20 off "year end" discount card.
Looks like a great deal.
I hope the rod is stiff enough and that the reel is big enough for big rockfish.
Give customer service a call. They have a deal that is 30 off a $150 order on the homepage. See if they will give you the extra $10.

· Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saltstriker rods are first class!
I use the stand-up models (5) 6' 15/30 blanks, (2) 6' 30-50blanks for my bay trolling and I love them. The 15/30 blank is perfect for the bay, however if you're planning on using umbrellas you should go with the 30-50 blank.

For the price they're selling those boat trolling rods you can't go wrong...the reel is basically free!

Thanks, Fishing-Rod
The reel is really impressive; built like a tank. Makes my Penn GTI look like a toy. Time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.