Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time out last year my cable broke on my trailer wench. Where is the best place to get a nice replacement cable? Can i get a bigger dia. Cable than before?it was only 3 or 4 years old. Not sure the weight of my boat. 23'proline cc sport. Wil strap wench hold that much weight? Thanks

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Last year I bought the Fulton Heavy Duty (yellow) 10,000 lb. (4,000 lb. working load) winch strap from West Marine and have been pleased with it. It is 20 feet long and sells for around $20. I use it on a 21' Sea Pro WA. My boat has a dry weight of around 2,400 lbs. I estimate it at 3,000 lbs. loaded. Your boat may be slightly heavier since it is a couple of feet longer (although cc's normally weigh less that the same length in a WA model). Straps should be able to handle your boat size/weight. Just be sure to get one that has a heavy enough breaking and working load strength. The 2" wide straps (standard) come in a variety of breaking strengths and are priced accordingly.

The Bass Pro Heavy duty strap is rated the same as West Marine's. It sells for around $27 and is 25 feet in length.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I have a dual gear strap winch for my 22.5 foot Grady. Its rated at 3000 lbs with no fuel and engine. Seems plenty strong with a Yammy 225FS and a full tank of fuel and gear!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts