Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tocherman's has the Cabo 20 (spinning) in stock, BUT it weighs in at a HEFTY 12.3 oz. How does that fit in with the reel being 10 oz. or less to fit the criteria of LTJ? I'm assuming it gets exempt for being such a sweet reel.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Many of the guys on the pro redfish tour are using that reel, they cast all day long. I don't know the weight of the penn slammer 260 but that is a sweet reel also for ltj.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother,
The 10 ounce thing was only a Superfish dictate and not one of Keplers Laws of planitary motion or Newton's laws of physical motion. Either this pay day, next pay day or the next pay day after that, I shall have one

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
If you like the reel, you will survive lifting 2 extra ounces!

If not, you'd better hit the gym!

That being said, a heavy reel doesn't feel quite as good in the hands, but it is certainly nothing to worry about.

-TH

·
Registered
274 Posts
Eminent Brother,
The 10 ounce thing was only a Superfish dictate and not one of Keplers Laws of planitary motion or Newton's laws of physical motion.
Very good :D

IMHO the Cabo 20 is fine for UL fishing or dinks (my specialty unfortunately), but the Cabo 40 which weighs in at 14.3 oz is a much more substantial reel if you catch a good size fish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.