Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
charter: boat name bad market, good crew (won some tourneys), nice boat, not too expensive

eat: Mariscos Mazatlan, off the beaten path but very good

drink: go see Carmen at Slims Elbow Room, drink some beers there, then go to Cabo Wabo

dive/snorkel: get a water taxi to "lovers beach", right next to it is awesome

do not do an "inshore charter", if so make it very clear that you want to fish inshore and not troll for marlin out of a panga

I've been 4 times and freakin love cabo, don't know how the fishing is in june but give it a shot

and by the way it will be 125 degrees every day that you are there...

·
Registered
298 Posts
June: Striped Marlin everywhere, Some Blues close especially off the East Cape. Some larger Dorado and smaller YFT, possible wahoo, roosterfish and huge jack crevalle off the beach. Snappers and Grouper on the banks. Temp: early June: Air 85-95, water 75-80. Late June: Air 95-100 water 80-85. Have Fun.

·
Registered
42 Posts
go on the cabo magic.If you walk down to Cabo san lucas marina at 2 or 3 you can bargain with the guys to find a better price. dont do it through your hotel they rip you off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Take some of the fish you catch to a restaruant called villa serena. they cook it and its like 5 bucks a plate, but its a nice restaraunt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a home in Cabo and i has fished Los Cabos waters for 30 years. i use a company called RedRum when i charter, great boats, first class Penn and Shimano. their charters include all live bait and boxed lunches, ice, everythiing. do not stroll around the marina and try and bargain for a fishing trip. bad idea. choose you charter company and bbok in advance. a 28 ft. boat from RedRum will cost about 500.oo for a full day. there are a lot of great things to do in cabo. loot at loscabosguide.com or caboexpo.com you can see all of the restaurants,bars and other stuff to do. shoot an email to Luis at RedRum, he will explain everything they offer. Cabo San Lucas Mexico Sports Fishing Charter Boats - Redrum Sportfishing other reputable charter companies are Picante, Pisces, Minerva. hope you have a great time in Cabo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ya terranova I have a condo there too and picante was the worst fishing experience of my life. if you pay 500 dollars for a full day of fishing you must be on a row boat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When i went with picante i was on a new 31 ft. cabo express. they pulled 2 flat lines and 2 through the outriggers while fishing for marlin. didnt see on striped marlin the whole day. when we got back to the dock every single boat had more than one striped marlin flag. we were the only ones that didnt. they pull 4 lines on an express. Does that sound like you shuould pay 1000 dollars? im sure your 500 dollars for a full day is awesome, considering they burn 400 in fuel a day. i bet they got internationals and tiagras that cost more than the boat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
jkv,
well im sorry you had such a bad experience with Picante. thats why they call it fishing and not catching. but in-so-far as you are a Cabo expert i dont need o explain to you how Picante operates. they are a dealer for Cabo Yachts. you go there buy an expensive Cabo sportfish and then they put it into service in the charter fleet. they manage the boat and provide the crew etc. then when the owner comes down he fishes on his own boat. the charter fees are supposed to offset the part of the cost of ownership. most of their fleet sits idle, and because they are all NEW boats they are one of the most expensive charter operations in Cabo. as for you statement that "if you are paying 500 bucks a day it must be a rowboat", it is obvious you dont have a clue about the fleets in Cabo. the vast majority of the charter fleets are fishing single engine 28 to 31 foot boats. the average cost for boats in this class is 525 bucks a day. this includes all live bait, GOOD tackle, yes PENN and SHIMANO, a boxed lunch, ice, water and you fishing lic. look at any of the best fleets like RedRum, Minerva,Pisces,Gavitoa and they will all be in that price range. obviously if you want a larger faster boat with more services you will pay more but a 33 or 35 Bertram, well equipped is about 650 a day. as for you foolish statement that these guys are burning 400 bucks of fuel a day that is just idiotic. the beauty of Cabo is that most runs are 20 miles or less. to make a longer run to the Fingers or the Gordo Banks would be more but typically it is unnecessary to rum 30 plus miles. Back in the day, 30 years ago when the commercial Tuna packing plant was in Cabo i watched a guy land a Striped Marlin from the pier and it is very common to hook up on Marlin, Tuna,Wahoo,Dorado etc. well with in the sight of the surf break. If you have a condo there , which im sure is really a time share maybe you would be more prepared to answer the other poster who wanted information about purchasing in Cabo. im sure your totally familiare with the Fidecomiso and the FM3 etc. BTW my psot should not be "new poster" as i have been contributing to this forum and the Virginia forum since i joined in 2003. somehow when the forum format changed my posting numbers disapeared. Buena Suerte........ jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts