Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
There is a God!!!! SWMBO turned on the AC that hot day we had this week and all we got was nothing but hot air. Called the heat pump guy and he had an opening today (Friday) in the AM. So I had to take the day off and just wait for the hose'ing I was expecting to get :pinch: It was just as I suspected, a freon leak. If the same problem happened 2 months from now I'd be screwed. But it seems I still have 2 months left on the parts/performance warrenty, so; all I needed to pay was the labor, which was only $135.:clapping2: :clap: :yes: :D

Now here's where it gets good........Since SWMBO got me nothing for my birthday :nono: (she claims she was sick) I decided to get my deserving self something nice. :bigangel: So it was off to Anglers where I got that Cabo PT 20 I've been lusting about and now it's mine....all mine!!!!! When SWMBO comes home from work and asks how much it cost to fix the heatpump, I'll just add in the cost of the Cabo PT 20 and the whole thing will be less then $330. Quite reasonable for a heat pump repair wouldn't you say :devil2:

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
250 Posts
My hero...
I gotta tell you I'm learnin alot from the master here!!
Sure hope the wife never looks over my shoulder. :eek:
So....would this be considered um... creative financing???

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
414 Posts
I love watchin' a good train wreck....:clapping2:
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I've tried the same thing with the Admiral before, she always catches me.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Graybeard - Did you pick up a PT 20 spinning or bait casting reel?

Also - What the heck does SWMBO stand for? I know it's is reference to the wife but for the life of me I can't figure out what the letter mean.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
cool move, NOW SHREDD THE INVOICE>>>>BOTH OF THEM>>>> and pray she doesn't learn to read this board!!!!

It's gotta be PINK to go with everything elsae

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
We are not worthy....we are not worthy.... we are not worthy.... A work of art I tell you... Perfectly played... Did you buy a manly green fishing rod to go with it ? Hmmmm you might have to punch a hole in the roof to get that....

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Brother John, You're one sick Dude, but I like the way you think. Glad it all worked out well for you.

WAIT! There is something wrong with this post. It's a happy ending Graybeard post. Hope it doesn't snow tomorrow.:confused:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
that's messed up!

My heat pump cut off a few days ago too. But, it happened before when I switched over to AC. SWMBO knows that I probably knew it was the breaker/switch under the cover that I had to reset before (after my HVAC buddy showed me), or I have 2 friends in the AC biz that would be over in a heartbeat to fix my problem at a massively reduced rate.

I didn't get no stinkin' Cabo outta my 2 minutes wortha hard, laborious work...Argh:confused:

Sometimes, it is good to not have a friend.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Get rid of all evidence as others have said.You talk like (if she found out) your Cabo 20 would be smashed into a bazillion pieces.

Hope the Cabo 20 lives up to your expectations, and gives you many yrs of service.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eminent brothers,
Way ahead of ya on the invoice thing. $135 was easy to change to $335 with just a stroke of the pen. :devil2: If I was smart, like I used to be, I would have changed it to $435 and gotten a new fishing pole too. Now for the line, the only place I have been able to find Hot Pink Fireline is on e-bay and so far I haven't been the winning bid on anything. So it may have to be the Phantom Red PP. I HATE sloppy handles and this Cabo PT 20 has a handle so solid you can do chin-ups on it :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts