Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'll be going to Cabo (first time) in late May with the boys and am looking for charter/guide recommendations. Hoping to fish two of three or four days and I believe we're staying near the "main" marina. I may be the only one out on the second day so big or small boat recommendations are appreciated.
Thanks! Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey just recently got back from cabo earlier this month. Went out with Dreamweaver charter, Capt. Ramon and his mate Jaime were top notch. We ended up with a 380lb sword and 150-160 striped marlin. Fishing was slow but the two we got were worth it. Two of the nicest guys you'll meet and both speak english. The sword was caught at the end of the day on the surface by pitching bait at him. Took 8 hours to get him in. Check em out Online.good luck.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Go out on one of the pangas at least one of your trips. It's so much fun and the price averages $150 for 3 people plus $20 each for licenses for the week. You will love that place. The second trip you can talk them down to about $135. I didn't keep a card for the tuna trip but I will try to find it. In town, which is only a few streets, there is a place that has a sign on the street where you get two full (large) lobster tails and a 12 oz. ribeye for $16.95 including chips and salsa. It's across and up the street from the Wyndam Hotel which is where I stayed recently. The picture has contact info for my favorite pangas.

Attachments

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Be careful down there. The State Dept. issued a warning even for Cabo. Careful on the late night stuff. I was down there in Feb. and had a blast. The Pangas were OK. Caught some Roosterfish. But if you want to fish on nice boat and nice equipment (Cabo's different sizes avail.) Picante is it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got back from Cabo last week, but my friends wanted to fish more for spring breakers than fins. I've been dying to fish there. I was a little nervous to go out by myself without friends, but the night life seemed safe as it could be and people in my group were hammered. I'd say the more spanish you speak, the better, and negotiate whatever price you are given. If he says $300, say...a guy yesterday offered to take me out for $280 and you'll see them go down. I bull****ted with several and I'd recommend looking at their equipment...I went on two boats in Puerto Vierta last year and the boat with better equipment caught more fish (Penn Reels, Numerous Jigs, etc). Good luck and let me know how you do...I'd be interested in heading back down there soon to fish for something more than spring breakers.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Pmail Giant Tuna he goes all the time. Only time I went it was on a private boat.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys - I'm going to get in touch with Picante and Dreaweaver. I may end up by myself on the second day, do they run the pangas out to the grounds or do they stay inshore? Also, could you get a shot at a billfish with a half day trip? Have never caught a bill before and I'm going to pull out all of the stops on this trip and will book a full second day by myself if necessary (my friends most likely won't be up for a second trip). Thanks again - Andy

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks agian for all of the recommendations - I was able to book Dreamweaver for a full day and their panga for a half day inshore, seems like a good operaton.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.