Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kencraft 206 Challenger and i want to install two rod holders near the center console in the gunnel. I want to know from those who have them installed, what is the angle of the holder and can you tell me if it is centered in the gunnel or not? I think i want to put a 30* in there but I am unsure if they will fit or not. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
643 Posts
15*....Thats what I put on my 215 challenger....30* are too long unless you angle them hard towards the stern...bill

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have a Kencraft 235 Challenger with twin 250 Suzukis. I love this boat more than any than I've had in the past. Anyway, I think the 15's are what you are looking for back there. Also, you should feel free to call down to the factory as those guys are great to deal with and will glady answer any questions you might have. They can be reached at 252.291.0271

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I purchased some of the last ones from the factory, I have a 215. I'm sure their 15 degree. Love them KenCraft boats!

·
Registered
643 Posts
long winter coming ???

I just wonder, how many on this board run Kencraft Boats ??? I'm on my 2nd, from a 190 to a 215, Harford County, MD.... "No Bad Days" bill

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I don't own one but really love the looks of these boats. Didn't they change the name to sea king or something?? Is it the same owner/same boat?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know about the name change, but as far as the boat, the design is the same. I just bought mine in march from the original owner and i have NO complaints about it. I have a cousin with the same size Mako and i think it is just as stable or even more then his boat. Plus it has all of the immenities that a large boat has, like a raw water wash-down, and a huge live well. if i put in to one word "SOLID".

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have a 2002 215 center console sold under the "Challenger" line of KenCraft. KenCraft Manufacturing currently has two product lines "BayRider" skiff's and SeaKing center console's. Though the cc's look similar there are changes, particularly no wood construction and the mold's are'nt the same. I believe they began changing over to the new product line in '04 or '05. I've seen a few of the BayRider skiffs, they look real nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, Kencraft

hate to be a pest, but can you answer about the original question on rod holders. I assume yours came with the holders that i am talking about, so what are the angles that you have?

·
Registered
643 Posts
looks like his reply was 15 degrees in his original reply there fishhawk...Same as mine, 15 *

·
Registered
501 Posts
I don't own one but really love the looks of these boats. Didn't they change the name to sea king or something?? Is it the same owner/same boat?
Yep, they changed the Challenger line to the Sea King line. Only difference is that there is no wood in the Sea King line.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That was my fault cujo and kencraft. I should have read better, thanks for your reply. Now i just need to find the good quality holders that I want to buy.

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry I haven't a clue on the rod holder question. I do really love my Kencraft though. It's older, a 1990 hull but that boat can take far more abuse without a hiccup than my body ever could. On one or two occasions when it's gotten snotty I've pushed the boat hard, like having to back off the throttle because the prop cleared the water kinda hard, and I made it home without getting my kidneys beat out my ass.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Chris, Having said all that, I must agree...I'll call the 215's like ours "water tanks", mine should have stayed home a few times when it didn't, and ready for more.....
No problem there fishhawk...thought I might have detected something coming in the way I read your reply...maybe it was just me...
So what, we have about 5 kencraft owners that checked in so far ??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 206 Challenger that I fish out of Buzz's. The differences between the Challenger line and SeaKing is as stated earlier the wood stringers, the step down Porta-potti area and the off-white standard color. It's also a couple hundred pounds heavier than the SeaKing 210, otherwise exact same dimensions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Kencraft 206

Rod Holders 15* should be correct. I have a 206 (2006) that I got after getting rid of a G-W 27. I'm like the rest of the Kencraft owners love it. One of the reasons I like the Kencraft is I had seen one that was ten yrs old and it did not have any gelcoat crazing which I can not say the same about my Grady. I can answer most questions people have about the Kencraft 206. :yes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts