Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We decided to try one last trip of the year. Left Deltaville late after 11AM. Radio report said not much seen and no catching down by 42 and Wolf Trap. Decided to go and see for ourselves.
A couple boats at 41. A few more around 40 and down by 36A. Did not see much happening. Some bait and small fish on the finder, but much less than two weeks ago. Later heard on the radio someone caught one around 40 and someone caught one up the river.
Went under high rise. A couple boats, but not much happening.
Decided to be contrary because I did not want to be in the tournament crowds etc.by running south; so we headed north about 20 miles past Sand Shoal Inlet. No birds and not much bait.
Tried some trolling on the way back in ocean, around the high rise and at 40 and 41 without a hit. Obviously spent more time looking than fishing and hoping to find the mother lode.
Oh, well a beautiful day and my tanks are empty for the rest of winter.
Interesting that the water temperature was 35 at the mouth of the Rapp and 36-37 at the mouth of the bay and was warmer 38-39 as I headed north. See pictures. Not much bait/fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Everything I have been told and read says if you are using ethanol containing gas for those Yammies, your tank should be full including stabilizer for the winter. Not sure if like me, you are using nonethanol gas. My tank is full. What are others doing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I was one of those in search of ending the year with at least one Rock around 41 - 42 finishing up and wolf trap with no luck. As I tell my wife going for a boat ride as I have not been bringing in the fish my worst year so far.

Better luck in 2011

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.