2,411 Posts
I guess the secret is out;-)

Walleye Peter and Chirs Dollar got a good mention too

nice job fellas

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I'll bet you guys won't rip Lenny for giving up the CCNPP secrets the way you ripped Skip a couple years ago. :D:yes:

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Capt Brady was absolutely correct on that honey hole. I did not always agree with his methods but told him a number of times he was right.

·
Banned
859 Posts
Capt Brady was absolutely correct on that honey hole. I did not always agree with his methods but told him a number of times he was right.
I used to blab on the internet like many here, location x,y&z-pic of me with intell in the background. once, i unknowing talked about "his" hole near my house. it wasnt a pretty redux, but thats how we met and became friends. one of the best mistakes i ever made, becuase traveling w/ him on for fun trips I learned a ton-and still do when he gives me the call. but he is right, only blab about it if you want to see other people sitting in your hole. running ones mouth to annonymous 20,000 readers is a short sighted ego trip, unless its spring/fall trolling. 'cause all you gotta do for that is make your way to the channel edge. widely available info.

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
Somehow I do not see the CCNPP being packed from this story.The fishing is not that good that fishermen will be driving hundreds of miles to fish there.It might encourage a few new ones but my guess is - come springtime, the same 20-30 boats will be there.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
IMO... the article doesn't help and this thread doesn't help. Okay, so maybe not so much CCNNPP, although it does apply, what about the hot ditch in Va. That place is tiny, no waves, shallow, very susceptible to fishing pressure. Not to mention the Speckled trout take it on the chin in the winter because of how vulnerable they are being congregated there while in season.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I thought the article was pretty good, but agree with a lot of other folks - at least it didn't run while the fishing there is hottest. Love fishing there when it's not a ton of boats on the scene.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well, I'm glad a few folks thought it was well written and I'm not getting too much HEAT (pun intended) for talking about those spots, but... IMHO, all three of those spots are far from secret. Word's been out on all of them for a solid 10 years now! The real question is, how many guys will brave the weather and have their boats ready when the fishing there is happening. The answer is, not too terribly many. And when there's decent weather those spots are already overloaded, anyone who hits them with regularity knows you have to get there before sunrise and enjoy an hour or two of good action, before the crowds roll in. On top of all that, as crummy as the economy is (especially for the marine industry) right now, our local tackle shops, guides, and marinas need all the publicity they can get. PS--what's fermented yak milk, and will my outboards run on it???

·
Registered
697 Posts
Fermented yak milk was the second-favorite drink of the guy who popularized the CCNPP discharge, oh, about ten years ago ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts