Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend a good camcorder that is compatible with apple. Hard drive type is what I'm looking at.

chris

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I went with the Canon HV30 High Definition model. It uses tapes not hard drive. Hard drive models are finicky and the resolution and editing capabilities not as good as tape. It all depends what you are looking for. Either way, Canon's are very compatible with Macs.

I own 3 Macs(MacBook Pro, MacBook and 24" iMac) and have no issues.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm pretty familiar with Mac's and Apple software editing suites.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the Canon HV-20. It is high def and works great with my Mac Book Pro. It is also a DV tape model and I have had no issues. Good luck.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've done a ton of research on Camcorders and also recommend the Canon HV30. As said above be careful before buying a hard drive or memory stick camcorder. They record is a new/different format and take a lot more computer power to do any editing. I've also found that not a lot of the digital editing programs are compatible with the new format. Also, I've heard hard drive are sensitive to being bumped hard and can crash just like a computer hard drive. With a tape once you record something there's really no chance of loosing the footage. Just some things to think about.

Also, check out Camcorderinfo.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts